Florida-South Florida

Aqualina?

Just passed by the Aqualina today.  It looked beautiful from the outside!  I'm sure the inside must match.  I'm running out of time and really want to know more about their venue.  Maybe one of you knotties could help me.  I've looked online at the information online, but I need 2 questions answered:

1)  Do they allow outside catering?
2)  Can the ballroom hold 250 guests?

Heres my thing:  I'm having a wedding with 250 guests and I need outside catering.  Searching for a venue is hard with these limitations!  My other problem is I want a "brand name" like Vizcaya or Eden Roc, not anything like "shane center" (not to say it isn't nice, this is just what I want).

Suggestions are welcomed.

Re: Aqualina?

• edited December 2011
    All of the information is on their website. No - they don't allow outside catering. And their ballrooms only accommodate up to 130 people.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It may seem that you may have to extend your radius if you're having difficulty finding anything in the So Beach, area.  Th Eden Roc seems as it would be your perfect location but seeing as how you've been to several weddings there and are reluctant to have it there, you may need to venture into Broward county and look at the hotels near/on the beaches in that county.

I wanted to stay in Miami when I was looking for a venue but I couldnt find anything I liked that was within my price range so I ventured into Broward county and found a perfect location.  My wedding is not on the scale of yours, but Im just illustrating a point.

HTH

image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure what "brand name" means to you (i.e. is it a popular venue or a major hotel?), but most hotels do not allow outside catering.

A few popular venues that allow outside catering are the Dupont Building, Spanish Monastery, and I believe Deering Estate. HTH

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards