Ohio-Columbus

kenneths? who to choose for hair/makeup?

I am trying to figure out how/who to choose for hair and makeup.  I normally go to Kenneth's now for regular hair appointments.  I talked to them and they do coordinate hair and makeup for the bridal party.  Has anyone had their hair and makeup done by them?  Was it good/bad?  Did it coordinate well?

Is it better to have a separate makeup person meet us at the church?  The wedding is at 3:30 so I know things will have to get done early. 

Re: kenneths? who to choose for hair/makeup?

• edited December 2011
    So I booked my grandmothers and aunt hair appointments here for the morning of the wedding.

Their hair looked great and they had a good experience (from what they told me)... kingsdale location.

However, I was very frustrated with the coordinating over the phone.  They have a call center totally separate from their salons, which you probably already know, but I think this led to some unneccesary frustrations.

So I call needing two appointments, but they were so confused that I didn't need the appointment, then I let it slip that it was for my wedding and they blew it up to be this big thing - no, my aunt and grandmother just want their hair professionally styled on a saturday morning.  jeez. Curse the 'wedding' word.

So anyway, the next phone call was an effing mess!
    The "bridal consultant" calls me the next day, I miss the call.
    I call back LITERALLY 5 seconds later and I get directed to the general receptionist.
    I tell the receptionist I need to talk to "Sally" (who JUST called me)
    The receptionist then starts asking me all these questions about the appointments
    She can't find the appointments.
    She starts asking me for all this information I gave the day before.

I finally just stop talking and say "Look, Sally JUST called me 90 seconds ago.  I've discussed this all with someone already.  Can I please just talk to Sally?!?"

She pauses, then agrees, and I get put on with Sally, and everything turned out great. (I simplified this conversation greatly)

So my advice:  Try your damn'dest to get one bridal consultant and only talk to her, otherwise you'll be pulling your hair out.

Also be prepared to put a credit card number down.  (not a big deal, just something I learned is the norm when booking more than a group of 2 at a salon for just about anything).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards