Nevada-Las Vegas

Ring Question

This is a silly question...but what do I do with my e-ring during the ceremony?? I mean, do I keep it on when my FI puts the wedding band on my finger?? Not sure what the etiquette on this is...

What did you ladies do...did you wear your e-ring during the ceremony and then have your FI put the wedding band on? Or was your finger bare, and then he just put the band on your finger??

Re: Ring Question

• flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm interesting question.  i never thought of this...

• GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think most brides take off their engagements rings and either wear them on another finger or give it to their mum/grandmother for safekeeping during the ceremony (apparantly this is tradition). The wedding band should be worn closest to your heart (the base of your finger) so you would need to swap them over after the ceremony if you kept your e-ring on.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    At COF they took both my e-ring and wedding band which the reverand then gave to the groom during the ceremony.  So DH put both rings on me.
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my right hand and then just switched it over after the ceremony.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:88c833f0-0286-48f0-9367-cdfed258421fPost:5fd311f2-841d-4316-8a42-ad8cc2b876fe">Re: Ring Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore mine on my right hand and then just switched it over after the ceremony.
    Posted by Sloane99[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:88c833f0-0286-48f0-9367-cdfed258421fPost:5fd311f2-841d-4316-8a42-ad8cc2b876fe">Re: Ring Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore mine on my right hand and then just switched it over after the ceremony.
    Posted by Sloane99[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm planning on doing too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think the two most common options are right hand and then move it afterward, or just put the wedding band on backwards and then switch the order afterward.  My FI would probably have an issue giving her ring to the officiant lol, she's pretty protective of it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    Where I'm from most brides keep the e-ring on. That's what I'll do. My e-ring isn't going anywhere :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ring-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:88c833f0-0286-48f0-9367-cdfed258421fPost:48a2aef4-506b-425f-841e-d271a595440a">Re: Ring Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the two most common options are right hand and then move it afterward, or just put the wedding band on backwards and then switch the order afterward.  <strong><u>My FI would probably have an issue giving her ring to the officiant lol, she's pretty protective of it</u>.</strong>
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I can relate.  We picked my bands 2 weeks ago and I haven't taken them off because I don't trust them sitting around in a box.  Even though I have no reason to feel that way.  I am so untraditional, and I guess if there was an un-etiquette board I could be the moderator.  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    My plan is to put it on my right hand and then switch back.
  • edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my right hand and then switched it over to my left when we exited the chapel.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The plan was for me to wear it on my right hand, then have DH place it over my wedding band at the end of the ring exchange, "in recognition that the promise it represents has now been fulfilled."  I actually forgot about this until the ceremony was underway, and surreptitiously slipped it from my left ring finger to my right pinky (it was too tight on my right ring finger to remove gracefully, we determined that beforehand) before we got to the ring exchange.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our officiant had it.  She actually blessed all the rings, and then as aerin did, she had DH give the the ring again after the "promise had been fulfilled."  It was beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I wish the order the rings are worn was actually engagement ring first because I'd be a lot less upset if the wedding ring were lost versus the engagement ring; there's a large price differential lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving mine to my MOH to hold until after the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I was okay with giving up the e-ring right before the ceremoney (it was away from me at the most for 10 minutes) since I knew they take some really beautiful photos of our rings before the ceremony starts.
  • ddchhichiddchhichi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine on ~ I totally don't remember putting it on the other hand
  • edited December 2011
    Right hand during ceremony will move to left hand after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably wear it on my right hand or have my MOH hold onto it and give it to me to put on when she gives me my bouquet before we depart the ceremony after we are hitched!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting my E ring and wedding band soldered together before.  That way I won't have to worry about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my first wedding, I just wore it on the left hand and switched the rings around after the ceremony...not sure what I will do this time....I am leaning towards wearing it on my right hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards