Wedding Etiquette Forum

who's here tonight?

Re: who's here tonight?

• I'm here :) Got back from my one month break from school. New semester starts this upcoming week and I'm already stressed! My weekend was great.  My boyfriend's two sisters, mom and niece came to Chicago for one sister's bachelorette party.  It was awesome seeing them and having a girls weekend but now it's back to business!
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • nda_roxybabe   i love your dress and i WANT WANT WANT those shoes! :)
  • amalamaamalama member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm here. My weekend was okay.  I had dinner and drinks with some friends on Thursdy for my birthday, dinner at BF's restaurant with my parents on Friday, and then went to a piano bar with some more friends last night. It would have been an awesome weekend but one of my friends really upset me last night when we went out, but I guess I shouldn't let that ruin it.

I know I am lame, but I hardly ever go out two nights so close together anymore and I am just exhausted! And still kind of pissed about the night ruining friend last night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f7a9286-d5fb-4cda-9698-c3588ca88285Post:04633918-3167-4d30-8f2b-a8fb592258cd">Re: who's here tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. My weekend was okay.  I had dinner and drinks with some friends on Thursdy for my birthday, dinner at BF's restaurant with my parents on Friday, and then went to a piano bar with some more friends last night. It would have been an awesome weekend but one of my friends really upset me last night when we went out, but I guess I shouldn't let that ruin it. I know I am lame, but I hardly ever go out two nights so close together anymore and I am just exhausted! And still kind of pissed about the night ruining friend last night.
    Posted by amalama[/QUOTE]

aww im sorry about your friends...im sure it will blow over :) are they in your WP?

and i love your puppy!
  • Im here. I should be packing, but instead Im sitting on the couch watching HGTV. I really hate packing, its driving me nuts.
  • amalamaamalama member
    futurepivko-I am actually not engaged, so just one of (I thought) my close friends. She doesn't get along with most of my other friends, I try to defend her and overlook some of her faults, but last night she really managed to piss me off. I guess it's been coming for along time but it still upsets me.

I also could just be being a huge baby about the thing that set me off, I kind of feel like maybe I am overreacting because she was already getting on my nerves. I just feel like she is pretty two faced and isn't always a good friend to me. And her and her husband are our "couple" friends, so if I dont' want to hang out with her, I know we won't ever see her husband anymore obviously. The whole thing just sucks.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to turn this into a huge rant, I just am upset and don't really want to talk to my other friends about it because they already don't like her.

• I love packing and moving.  I get rid of so much stuff!

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f7a9286-d5fb-4cda-9698-c3588ca88285Post:c8ac174c-a395-4c10-ac01-9cfb1f9556d2">Re: who's here tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]futurepivko-I am actually not engaged, so just one of (I thought) my close friends. She doesn't get along with most of my other friends, I try to defend her and overlook some of her faults, but last night she really managed to piss me off. I guess it's been coming for along time but it still upsets me. I also could just be being a huge baby about the thing that set me off, I kind of feel like maybe I am overreacting because she was already getting on my nerves. I just feel like she is pretty two faced and isn't always a good friend to me. And her and her husband are our "couple" friends, so if I dont' want to hang out with her, I know we won't ever see her husband anymore obviously. The whole thing just sucks. I'm sorry, I did not mean to turn this into a huge rant, I just am upset and don't really want to talk to my other friends about it because they already don't like her.
    Posted by amalama[/QUOTE]

aww well Im sorry that still happened! you sound like a great friend for trying to overlook her flaws and be her friend anyway!
  • oh, and please dont be sorry :) theres no reason to be sorry!
  • amalamaamalama member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f7a9286-d5fb-4cda-9698-c3588ca88285Post:60a61a29-f6dd-4253-8a99-0fd38f7800d0">Re: who's here tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love packing and moving.  I get rid of so much stuff!
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Getting rid of stuff is the best part of packing! We hang on to so much junk for way too long.

• So awesome!  And I love change.  So moving is great for that too.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm around for a bit.  Fell asleep around 9:30 and now I'm awake.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• amalamaamalama member
    Thanks pivko!

Mandy I used to really like moving too. Since I had Layla though there is just so much more stuff that it's a huge pain. And BF refuses to get rid of any baby stuff because he thinks we'll use it for the next kid. The next kid that we MIGHT want to have, in at least 5 years, that MIGHT be a girl (thus able to use most of the stuff we have). Right, totally worth keeping all this crap.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f7a9286-d5fb-4cda-9698-c3588ca88285Post:60a61a29-f6dd-4253-8a99-0fd38f7800d0">Re: who's here tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love packing and moving.  I get rid of so much stuff!
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

We've thrown out a bunch of stuff already, even though we have only lived here for a year. I think I'm hating the packing, because I'm nervous about moving. Stupid expensive California.
  • im drinking, hoping i dont drink enough to get sick and be blotchy for my engagment photos tomorrow lmao.
    Anniversary
  • i'm still here.  surfing for decor ideas.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • im here looking for jewelry and shoes
  • I'm here now, for about 30 minutes...
    Today was massive cleaning day, which made me happy because it didn't take too long. It turns out when I have an entire house to hold my things I can have them neat and organized, who would have guessed?
    Today was also meet the neighbor day apparently. I was out in my garden today and the neighbors lab was barking hello. So the neighbor came out to apologize for him always barking at me and introduce himself. The dogs are real sweet hearts though.
    Then dh and I were in the front yard with Katie and our other neighbor came over to say hi, so it was a fun social night.
    Now Dh is plopped in front of his video games and I'm staying up just because I can.

The first day Dh and I had our house we came back from closing and just sat on the floor for a few hours, just because it was ours. Cheesy but definitely fun.
  • Mandy- me too a bit. I have several design blogs I love.
    Future- For your wedding?
    Katie- that's awesome! We have a freaking entertainment center sitting in the middle of our room because we need someone to come get it. It constantly makes me feel like the house is messy.
  • Yeah, I've been smushed into a 1 bedroom apt for the last 8 years and am..um..a clutterbug (as Dh likes to call it). Having so many rooms lets me spread all my clutter around in an organized and decorative fashion. Makes for a much happier house interior :)
  • I'm here for a minute. 

I had today and tomorrow off and was going to drive to LA and see one of my best friends but then didn't feel like it this morning.  I feel sickly today.  So I stayed in bed until 2, then went by a friends pool party and drank a half bottle of wine, then came back home to bed for a few hours.

Now H is about to get off work and we are supposed to either go back to the earlier party, go out with his sister whose call I have not returned or go to my new coworkers bday party.  And I feel like none of the above.  Ugh.

Why do I actually get 2 fun days off and feel sick.  Why am I so antisocial.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I loathe clutter and next time we move we're getting rid of it all. Actually, if we go out of country like we'd like we're really going to get rid of it all. I'd like my house to look like this (not necessarily the decor but the lack of clutter)
  • I think I would go crazy in a minimalist house, even though I agree that they look absolutely gorgeous. I think it stems from losing everything in Kuwait when I was little. I emotionally attach myself to every little thing I get because "it's mine" and it's really hard to get rid of stuff.
  • i like to avoid clutter.  but when your husband buys recipe books, biographies on various chefs, coffee table cook books like they're going out of style it seems there's always books lying around.  drives me mental. 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Sascha- don't do anything of them then? I like going out sometimes but I also just love sitting at home

Katie- that makes sense, I know a lot of people are like that
  • I like books. Books I can handle. Its the random junk that drives me batty.

Lately I'm obsessed with shelves that go up, over doors.
  • Oooh I need one of those...I have a crap ton of books.
    Yeah, if it weren't for Dh I do worry I would have become a hoarder or at least a half hoarder. I'm getting better, and moving into our house helped. By the time we were halfway through packing I was so exhausted I had no problem getting rid of stuff lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards