California-Los Angeles

Wedding dress store

So I need help from my L.A. knotties...

I am going dress shopping. I found a dress that I really love in a totally different style and budget than I ever imagined.  I did not buy it because I was not 100% certain. I would like to look at more stores but I am not sure were. The dress was by Kitty Chen and all the stores she list on her website as retailers have poor reviews on Yelp. I am so afraid to order my dress and go through some of the crazy things listed on the reviews. I know all stores can have their issues but geez...

The other issue is I am no sample size and I need to try on the dress first. That limits me on the places I can shop. So does anyone have any recommendations for bridal boutiques where the sales people are not crazy and where I can try on dresses being a plus size bride. I know David's bridal and Alfred Angelo are out there but I wanted to stay away from those stores if possible.

I am open to downtown (another knottie gave me some downtown locations) the south bay, orange county and lastly ( if no other options are available, the Valley.

Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding dress store

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pebbles in Woodland Hills (in the SF Valley) always gets good reviews from the knotties on here.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I will look them up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Mon Amie Bridal in Costa Mesa as well. They are probably most similar to Klienfeld for the West Coast. They are supposed to have a decent line of plus size samples in stock and can order anything you want. Their plus samples are size 16-32.  Hope this helps.
    Anniversary
  • imlovingitimlovingit member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Pebbles. They have a lot of dresses and different sizes. Good customer service too.
  • EMVI79EMVI79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Mon Amie and found the dress of my dreams at an affordable price and had a great experience
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are a fan of short (cocktail or tea length) dresses but if you are or are open to the possiblity I would recommend Dolly Couture in Tarzana (there are a few things worth going to in the Valley.) I have had wonderful experiences at their shop. Lovely people, lovely dresses. And I am a plus size bride. They had several samples I was able to try on, and for the dresses that they did not have near my size we managed to make do.

I should note that they do a lot of customization if you want, so their short dresses can be made into long dresses if needed. They have many many many pictures of their dresses on their FB page.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards