Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Vendor Reviews

As promised, here are my reviews!

Venue: The Filter Building at White Rock Lake
This place was amazing. I loved everything about it. I've always wanted to get married near the water and the building's back yard is literally on the lake. It was super easy to book and the lady who manages everything was very quick to respond to anything I needed. There is a bonus room upstairs as well that's almost 800 square feet of empty space that my bridesmaids and I got ready in. I highly recommend this place! 

Caterer: Affordable Dreams
The main woman I dealt with was JoAnn Johnson. She is a very sweet woman and knows what she's doing. My husband and I had doubts when we first booked her but she ended up proving us wrong a few months before the wedding with how organized she was. The best thing about her was the prices and the second was the food! So many choices and extras that someone else would charge an arm and leg for. I'm not usually the one to talk about what I spent but for 120 people we paid a little over 3k for all food, staff, bar supplies, tax...everything!!

Photographer: Nine Photography
Hands down, favorite vendor. This husband and wife tag team are the most talented and creative people ever! We were so happy with our engagement pics and are dying to see our wedding ones. Their style is unique and not what everyone wants for their wedding but for us it was perfect. They are more into creative action shots than standard posed group pictures. They are very quick to respond and so cool that my husband and I have plans to hang out with them soon!

DJ/Lighting: Glenn Roush Productions
Fantastic guy! We were SO impressed with him. If you want to have a great time and good music...book him now. If you want to have someone who genuinely cares, caters to your every need even if it doesn't have to do with music...book him now! Very affordable and knows how to do his job 150% with a great attitude!

Videographer: Adam Kegg
I know there have been many posts on here about Adam already. My personal experience has been nothing but great. We obviously haven't received our video yet but as a person, Adam is so kind. We discussed his busy life (one baby and another on the way...oh and his real job as a nurse) and he promised to have the video done quickly as he wasn't taking on as many this time around. Either way, he's great and we're excited to see the finished product.

Cake: Panini Bakery
We didn't really have much contact with them during the planning process, just in the beginning and end. When booked, we were very confident with our choice as well as the pricing. She doesn't price per slice but how many people it serves. I am not a big cake person but the husband is...and I give them two thumbs up because it was delicious. The look of the cake didn't exactly match the photo I gave them but it was pretty darn close. We had lemon cake with cream cheese lemon zest icing...but enjoyed many of her other flavors at the tasting.

Florist: Striking Stems
This review will only help people who live in Houston as that's where they are based. The owner is my husband's cousin so we got totally hooked up and she did an amazing job. They do Dallas weddings as well so it's worth checking them out!!

Day-of Coordinator: Danielle Aguillard from DM Wedding & Event Coordination
Absolutely loved her. Best money spent and would advise anyone who is questioning using a "helper" especially for the day-of...DO IT! She made our lives almost stress-free, took care of setting up, cleaning up, floor plans, decor ideas...etc. We got way more than we expected and her pricing is unbelievably affordable! I also gained a friendship out of it...love you Danielle!

Wedding Night Hotel: ZaZa
A-mazing! Very pricey but it was a gift from my office. We stayed in the "Rock Star" suite which was over 1400 square feet. If you can't afford the steep prices...make this as one of your gifts. So fun and enjoyed feeling VIP!

Honeymoon: Secrets Maroma Beach, Riviera Maya Mexico
Awesome. Would go back in a heart beat. All-inclusive but a super nice version. Staff bent over backwards if you needed anything at all. Voted the most beautiful beach by the travel channel four years in a row and they weren't kidding. If you're thinking of Mexico...check out this place!

Hope my reviews have helped someone and if anyone has any questions...please ask! I'm still in that stage where all I want to do is talk about my wedding! LOL

Re: Vendor Reviews

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww Leann so happy for you!  I couldn't wait to see what you said about Glenn!  So glad you loved him.  I will be adding Nine to my list of blogs I stalk daily--can't wait to see the pics!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!!! - how do you get in touch with your DOC??
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the reviews!  Finally one from a Filter Building bride ;)

D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! I cannot wait to see pics too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for reviews!  How do the prices range for this time of year at Secrets?
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, so glad you loved The Filter Building since that is where mine is too!  I can wait to see pictures!!!! Did you get married there and have the reception?

Also, I'd love to get more details on your DJ/Lighting as I am looking at that now.  My specific questions are: what kind of lighting did you have, what sort of speaker set-up, cost, etc. 

Congrats!!!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  I'm so glad you had a great day.  I cannot wait to see your pics!
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    It sounds like everything went smoothly!  Great reviews and I'm so glad you had good experiences with all of your vendors!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Balfour, when I used Glenn for my wedding he was $1500 for a Saturday wedding.  I didn't use him for lighting though as it wasn't in my budget.  As far as set up, I didn't ask about it, just assumed it would be fine and it was.  I loved Glenn!
  • edited December 2011
    I met with Glenn on the lighting piece.  He could do uplighting and DJ for $2000 on a Saturday night.  If you want pinspots he would have to use another vendor, and they quoted $1000 for the pinspots alone.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and thanks for taking time to give us a detailed review of the vendors you used.   I am glad to know that you had a wonderful experience and beautiful wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards