Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Tuesday Poll

Let's try a poll to liven things up a bit... this board has really been dead lately!

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?

Who do you live with?

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret?

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people?

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life?

What is your opinion on the war?

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now?

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time?

Biggest regret in life?

Funniest story that happened at work?

Funniest story that happened with a friend?

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?

Who was your childhood idol?

Who is your idol now?

Most prized possession you own?

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis?

Do you rent or own?

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash?

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school?

Re: Tuesday Poll

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

No kids yet... probably not for a little while!

Who do you live with?

DH

Hm.. not that I can think of. I did something to DH's ex once that probably wasn't very nice, but that was when I was in high school, so I was pretty immature then.. it still cracks me up though!

People who don't give back.. either to their community, or a shelter, or an organization.

Nope.. drama free at the moment!

I think at the time it began, it was the right thing to do. Now I think we need to get the hell out.

No.. but I feel like I need to make a change soon and think about grad school.

Well I think it is possible, although never for me.

Biggest regret in life?

None.

Most of my organization is people in their early to mid twenties.. but there are a few who are about 50 or older. We were talking about our vision and mission at a staff meeting and there was a line in it that said something along the lines of "programs that engage young people blah blah blah" and the program that we were talking about was for people 18-30. And I blurted out.. "Well I wouldn't say that 30 is young," crickets. I was like oh crap, that came out wrong!

LOL.. my room mate in college and I were traveling to Mexico and every time she travels, she has a hard time going to the bathroom. On the way back we were going through security and she was a little gasy and the security person was like "What the HELL is that smell?" Then he figured it out and we just lost it.

Hm I can't think of a story at the moment!

Marilyn Monroe

Who is your idol now?

I don't think I have one!

I don't think I have one of these either!

If I worked with DH, I think we would be divorced!

Do you rent or own?

Rent.. currently looking to buy soon!

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash?

Ask my parents. I never ask them for anything, so I wouldn't have a problem asking them!

Being a good person is far more important than being liked by everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Good idea, GMC

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? nope

Who do you live with?Fiance- for about 2 years

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret? To an Ex, nope

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? Right now, its people who talk about their weight

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life?not that I'm aware of

What is your opinion on the war? Like the war in Iraq/Afghanistan? I don't know very much about it. I just wish the soldiers could get home and be with their families. Oh, and the war's cost has been too high in terms of federal funding and in terms of death/injuries/emotional distress

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? nope, I'm pretty content

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time?romantically? no, not really

Biggest regret in life?not too many. I once kissed a girl's boyfriend, and then she found out, and now she's married to him and in my friend's wedding which I am also in... :( I seriously regret that.

Funniest story that happened at work?Eh, nothing recently

Funniest story that happened with a friend? Once in HS my friend and I were driving and checking out these cute guys. We had the song Regulators on... yeah, we were cool. And then my friend went right over the curb, just like the song, then we lost the guys. It was hilarious.

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?i'd rather not discuss

Who was your childhood idol?I didn't really have idols, mostly just crushes. :)

Who is your idol now? this one lobbyist I know. She is always so together, knows her stuff and makes a lot of money. I want to be her.

Most prized possession you own?my engagement ring, my stuffed monkey and a picture of my family growing up.

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis?in the past probably, today, obviously no

Do you rent or own? rent :(

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash?ask my mom to send cash. wouldn't be the first time

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school? things that seem important at this moment, will not seem important in the future. "don't sweat the small stuff"

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? nope

Who do you live with? I live alone with my cat (that sounds pathetic).

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret? nope

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? People who schedule meetings with me and then dont show up/cancel last minute

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? Nope

What is your opinion on the war? I think it was a terrible idea from the start, and I hope we can get our soldiers out safely and quickly.

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? nope, I'm pretty content

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time? no

Biggest regret in life? I try not to have any.

Funniest story that happened at work? Scientists aren't particularly funny people... but watching everyone stop experiments and gather around computer screens/TVs during the world cup was funny.

Funniest story that happened with a friend? One time driving back from HS to my house, this car tried to pull into an "unofficial" turn lane in front of me.  I didn't let him through, and as we passed, it turned out to be an undercover police car!  I was mortified.  He pulled me over (in front of all the other cars being driven by other HS students I knew) and gave me a warning about not using the shoulder as a turn lane, but I wanted to say "you were going to do it too!"  I didn't though.

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? See above.

Who was your childhood idol?I cant remember if I had one

Who is your idol now? not idol really, but my hero is my mom.

Most prized possession you own? My e-ring and my viola

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis? No...but maybe that's just because scientists in general work crazy hours and are a little intense.

Do you rent or own? neither! lucky me :)

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash? I'd probably ask family for cash, but feel terrible about it.

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school? like Jamie said, perspective.  And taking time to enjoy life's little things.
  • edited December 2011

I'm bored at work, so I'll play :)

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? None as of yet. DH has a 3 year plan, he wants kids by 30!

Who do you live with? DH

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret? Nope.

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people?Oh boy. Just one? People who talk only about themselves and like to hear themselves talk.

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? No. I try to keep my life drama free.

What is your opinion on the war?To be honest, I don't know much about it. I think it is sad that soldiers spend so much time away from their loved ones, especially during the holidays.  I am thankful for their dedication and commitment.

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? Not really, I wish I had a different job or was finally doing my own thing (owning my own business). But, I'm also too comfortable to do anything about it!

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time? No.

Biggest regret in life? I don't really think you can regret things that you did or didn't do. In the end, it has in some way shaped your life- for better or worse. I sometimes regret spending money on shoes/clothes etc, but I quickly get over it :)

Funniest story that happened at work? Hmm, nothing really funny at my current job.  At my last job, we were interviewing students to be apart of the Orientation Staff.  The girl was saying how her friends thought she reminded them of Rosie O'Donnell. To which I replied, "You do kinda look like her". FAIL. I meant it as a compliment, however, it was not taken as such.

Funniest story that happened with a friend? I can't think of anything off hand, see below.

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? If you were to ask my BFF from middle school she would tell you the story of me and her riding rollercoasters on the band trip and me peeing my pants. I try to forget, she likes to bring it up.

Who was your childhood idol? I didn't really idolize anyone.

Who is your idol now? Be your own person.

Most prized possession you own?  Engagement ring/wedding ring and the music written by my grandma for my wedding. I also have a few handpainted China pieces that my great-grandma painted before her eyes got bad.

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis? Probably not. We would come to hate eachother.

Do you rent or own?Own

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash? I would call my mom and dad, DH would go without eating forever. We don't see eye to eye on things like that.

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school? Be your own person and to look at the bigger picture.

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they?   No kids, I have a puppy though :) She's 2

Who do you live with?  My FI and puppy

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret?  Sort of... I was dating this guy who had some major emotional issues at the time I left for my internship in FL. While in Disney, I met my FI and sort of just blew off the other guy by not answering phone calls etc. I actually had my roommate get on the phone with him and break the news to him - I was too chicken to do it myself (in all honesty, I was a bit scared of him) I'm not very proud of it, but it really had to be done. He (ex) was kind of toxic, but so darn cute.

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? Hmm - hard one. I would say interrupting, or not cleaning up after yourself... also DRIVING! Ahhh I hate driving here!

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? Nope!

What is your opinion on the war?  I really don't know much about it either... but I do know that I feel like it's pointless and that we are risking american lives with no real objective there... Again, not trying to offend anyone, I just disagree with the entire thing.  

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? Sort of? I really want to move home to Pittsburgh (I am terribly unhappy here in Philly) and I'm sort of down about that. While we do have a sort of promising lead, I can't shake the negative attitude I have about it - like I feel like it will never happen :(

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time?  Not a romantic love  - I feel like you can only give your heart to one person at a time

Biggest regret in life?  Not studying abroad in college

Funniest story that happened at work?  Nothing really funny happens here at work. I suppose our Christmas parties are a bit eventful and fun but nothing that comes to mind right away.

Funniest story that happened with a friend?  Nothing comes to mind off hand... maybe my last few weeks of undergrad. We spent all day and night in our design studio finishing up our thesis projects. We hijacked a TV/DVD player from another building and would watch disney movies and musicals (Enchanted, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, and Grease among others!) all night and sign and dance in our studio! No wonder we never got anything done! lol!

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?  I get very easily embarrassed! Lol... but one moment that sticks out in my mind is my dad and I went to Disney (just the two of us) when I was probably in 6th or 7th grade. We went to dinner at a restaurant in the Wilderness Lodge called the Wispering Canyon Cafe. This restaurant is known for eccentric servers who will put you on the spot. I was a VERY shy kid and our waiter put straws in my ponytail, made me stand on my chair holding my menu and had the entire restaurant look at me saying I was the statue of liberty... It was terrifying!

Who was your childhood idol?  My dad

Who is your idol now?  Still, my dad

Most prized possession you own?  I agree w/ J, probably my e-ring, along w/ photo albums

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis?  I have and it didn't work out

Do you rent or own?  Rent

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash?  Ask my parents - I know they would do anything for me...

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school?  Probably just the old 'treat people the way you want to be treated'  -- I sort of wish more people would go by that mantra. Also, cherish every minute you have with loved ones, because you never know how long you will have them around.

• edited December 2011

Not yet
    Who do you live with?

My FI and our dog

I don't think so...maybe stay with them longer than I should :)
    Judgemental, close minded...don't use turn signals.

Nope, I'm pretty easy going

No comment

Nope!
    I definitely think it's possible

Biggest regret in life?

Staying at my old job longer than I should have.
    I fell down the stairs on my first day in front of 3 managers and 4 other coworkers 

TOOO Many!! 
    See funniest work story

Olivia Newton John
    Who is your idol now?

Not sure I have one....

My dog

I did...for 8 years.
    Do you rent or own?

own

Not eat...maybe I'd drop a few lbs in the process :)

You couldn't pay me a million bucks to go back to High School.
  • edited December 2011
    Lunch time :)

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? No kiddos here!

Who do you live with? my 3 housemates (Katie, Renee, and Amy); all grad students.  I was a grad student then ended up landing a job where I got my master's so I just stuck around in the house!  FI doesn't live to far away so he's an honorary roomie :)

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret?  Not establishing full closure with him; it was a messy messy breakup (4 years as highschool sweethearts, VERY close with his family) and I never thought I could be friends with him ever again.. it's been 4 years and we haven't spoken since.

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? I wish people would stop thinking about themselves all the time.  We could use some selfless people nowadays.

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? Nope!

What is your opinion on the war? Shouldn't be there.

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? Not entirely. My job isn't the greatest (definitely not my ideal job) but I gotta take what I can get!   I also wish we were back in Pittsburgh, but we gotta go where FI can get a job.  He's interning right now and most of the opportunies are here in the DC area... just gotta hope he lands something soon..   We'll get back to the 'burgh someday (hopefully)!

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time? It's possible, but I definitely couldn't do it!!

Biggest regret in life? None.

Funniest story that happened at work?   Eh, nothing too funny.. mostly just drama among some of my coworkers, ugh.

Funniest story that happened with a friend?  Can't pinpoint just one.

Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? While studying abroad in Bolivia, we were also doing a service-learning project where we helped construct a classroom in a rural school.  Well, one of the workers brought his donkey to the school so we could take donkey rides, haha.  I got a litle too excited, and ran to get my camera.  When I ran back, I tripped on some rocks and landed flat on my face (looked like a nice slide into second base haha).  Everyone got a kick out of it, even me  :)

Who was your childhood idol? Kelly Kapowski from Saved By the Bell :)

Who is your idol now? Haven't really thought about it.  Besides my mom, I'd say Michelle Obama

Most prized possession you own? My e-ring.  And my 17-year-old kitty, Snuggles, who lives back home with my rents :)

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis? Actually, my FI met at our part time job back in Oakmont, haha.  So yes, I would.  Not sure if I could do 40/hours a week though :)

Do you rent or own? Rent

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash?  I COULD go without eating.. but my parents are always there for me.

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school?  Always be yourself.. don't change who you are to please other people.  Also, for those who always said in HS "When are we ever going to use this stuff??", you WILL use it!  I'm always recalling stuff I learned back then!

• edited December 2011

Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? No

Who do you live with? DH

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret? No

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? The "all about me" mentality- no consideration for others.

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? No

What is your opinion on the war? I have mixed feelings. I agreed with it, but think it's nearing time to withdraw.

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? No, but I'm ready to move forward, both job-wise and with our living situation (I pretty much hate our apt.).

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time? Romantically, maybe it's possible, but I don't agree with it.

Biggest regret in life? Not visiting my grandfather before he died (I hadn't seen him in 8 years).

Funniest story that happened at work? I can think of more annoying things than funny...
    Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? Recently, falling while walking up the escalator- embarassing and painful.

Who was your childhood idol? Don't remember having one.

Who is your idol now? I don't idolize anyone.

Most prized possession you own? My wedding rings, grandmother's jewelry, and Salvador Dali limited edition etching.

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis? I guess I would have- never thought about it.

Do you rent or own? Rent, unfortunately.

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash? Ask my parents for the cash- I get VERY moody when I'm hungry.

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school? To have more confidence in myself and not be a doormat.

• LilDanie26LilDanie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Slow night in the ER so I'm joining in
    Do you have kids? If so, how old are they? No

Who do you live with? My parents, wow that makes me sound like a loser. FI and I are trying to save as much money as possible before we get married and his mom would freak if we moved  in together before we got married.

Have you ever done something to an ex you regret? No

What is your biggest pet peeve about other people? People that text on there cell phone while you try to talk to them.

Are you currently fighting with someone in your life? Yes, my insomnia

What is your opinion on the war? Not to sure, I have alot of freinds serving and am very proud of them but I do think it is time for our troops to come home.

Are you disappointed with where you are in life right now? No, I have a great job, family, and friends. What else could I need?(Besides maybe a puppy)

Do you believe in being in love with more than one person at a time? No

Biggest regret in life? Not staying in touch with good friends from high school.

Funniest story that happened at work? Lets see, either the time I tackled a patient to the ground for acting out of control or the time a patient refused to allow me to care for them because I looked like a 12.
    Most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? Leaving my house to go to work and running into the side of my house and knocking of the drain pipe

Who was your childhood idol? Probably the pink power ranger

Who is your idol now? My mom

Most prized possession you own? A stuffed penguin

Would you ever date someone you worked with on a daily basis? Probably not

Do you rent or own? Neither

Would you rather go without eating for a few days or ask your folks to send you some cash? Ask my parents for the cash- I love food too much

Biggest life lesson learned since leaving high school? To be more outgoung and not fear judgement of other people

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards