Wedding Etiquette Forum

maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind..

still not engaged just yet.. Everything is all planned out though..... but i make a mistake and got really excited when i found out that hes planning on asking me.. so i accidently brought it up to two friends and they think that when i do get engaged they will be my maid of honor. Things have changed. How do I let them know that I've picked someone else.  And please if your just going to call me stupid. Dont waste your time I know I made a mistake thank you. I just want some real advice on how to let my girls know.

Re: maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:c19eea31-5ba3-4981-bbb6-c56df509c6ac">maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]well i'm still not engaged yet but i picked my ring out in december .. at first i was so excited and told a good friend of mine and i was about to tell her that i was thinking about the maid of honor and it was gonna be her or someone else..but before i could finish she thought it was her ..and got really excited.. then ... i told another friend that i was thinking about maybe makeing her my maid of honor... .... huge problem.. i still cant decide who is should be.. i barely keep in touch with either of the two and i still want them to be bridesmaids i just dont know who should be my maid of honor.. the second girl i mentioned it to ended up telling a big secret to a guy she likes and then it went all around.. she really disappointed me.. .. i dont have a best friend right now.. my boyfriend is my best friend..and so is my brother.. soo i'm having a hard time picking..  but i'm pretty sure its not going to end up being either of the two girls i mentioned it to already ..  i just got soo excited .. and i ment it at the moment but things changed.. i feel horrible what do i do???
    Posted by riababi12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh for the love of god.

</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:c19eea31-5ba3-4981-bbb6-c56df509c6ac">maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]well i'm still not engaged yet but i picked my ring out in december .. at first i was so excited and told a good friend of mine and i was about to tell her that i was thinking about the maid of honor and it was gonna be her or someone else..but before i could finish she thought it was her ..and got really excited.. then ... i told another friend that i was thinking about maybe makeing her my maid of honor... .... huge problem.. i still cant decide who is should be.. i barely keep in touch with either of the two and i still want them to be bridesmaids i just dont know who should be my maid of honor.. the second girl i mentioned it to ended up telling a big secret to a guy she likes and then it went all around.. she really disappointed me.. .. i dont have a best friend right now.. my boyfriend is my best friend..and so is my brother.. soo i'm having a hard time picking..  but i'm pretty sure its not going to end up being either of the two girls i mentioned it to already ..  i just got soo excited .. and i ment it at the moment but things changed.. i feel horrible what do i do???
    Posted by riababi12[/QUOTE]
    Really?
    Do you even have a date set? If you have no date set I wouldn't worry about it for now. Stop telling people you want them in your wedding though, geez.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:c19eea31-5ba3-4981-bbb6-c56df509c6ac">maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]well i'm still not engaged yet but i picked my ring out in december .. at first i was so excited and told a good friend of mine and i was about to tell her that i was thinking about the maid of honor and it was gonna be her or someone else..but before i could finish she thought it was her ..and got really excited.. then ... i told another friend that i was thinking about maybe makeing her my maid of honor... .... huge problem.. i still cant decide who is should be.. i barely keep in touch with either of the two and i still want them to be bridesmaids i just dont know who should be my maid of honor.. <strong>the second girl i mentioned it to ended up telling a big secret to a guy she likes and then it went all around.. she really disappointed me.. ..</strong>i dont have a best friend right now.. my boyfriend is my best friend..and so is my brother.. soo i'm having a hard time picking..  but i'm pretty sure its not going to end up being either of the two girls i mentioned it to already ..  i just got soo excited .. and i ment it at the moment but things changed.. i feel horrible what do i do???

Geez.

Just act the scene out with your barbie dolls. That usually helps soften the blow.
  • Why are you picking your WP if you are not engaged yet?
  • Yea, stop talking to people about your wedding, especially if you're not even engaged yet.
  • You're an idiot.  Learn to keep your mouth shut.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Uuugh.
  • It's dead here, and all, but this isn't even fun.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hate to be that girl, but how the hell old are you?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    [QUOTE]i dont have a best friend right now.. my boyfriend is my best friend..and so is my brother.. soo i'm having a hard time picking..  but i'm pretty sure its not going to end up being either of the two girls i mentioned it to already ..  i just got soo excited .. and i ment it at the moment but things changed.. i feel horrible what do i do???

your brother should totally be your MOH when/if you get engaged.  problem solved.
    Married 4/30/11
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:3e9b6c06-250d-43f1-b3b9-11666ddb4938">Re: maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!? : Geez. Just act the scene out with your barbie dolls. That usually helps soften the blow.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I can't stop laughing over this. 
  • OMG!!!!  this is such a huge issue, how will you get through the day???

You aren't even engaged so there isn't a wedding party.
  • *blinks*

Really?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:c19eea31-5ba3-4981-bbb6-c56df509c6ac">maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE] .. i dont have a best friend right now.. my boyfriend is my best friend..Posted by riababi12[/QUOTE]

Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • How is it... that you can type... like a... normal person... in all your... other... posts... but you have... to use... excessive...  ellipses... now?...

MUD.
  • Nice catch, tide.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • anyone have any real help.? i do have a date picked.. and sorry i'm just a little excited...so i mentioned it to my best friends.. but i cant pick just one
  • Finger painting competition? See who can do the longest underwater headstand? Cage fight?
  • Real help = wait until you are ACTUALLY engaged to plan your wedding.

And then wait to pick your wedding party until you are 6-8 months out.  Please see "wedding party" board for examples of why it's best to wait.
  • Have two Maids of Honor.  Have your brother be your Man of Honor.  Or just shut up about it until you're actually engaged.  It's up to you.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Personally I love "dont have a ring yet but desperately want one MUD."  It makes me want to pet them on the head pat pat oh my little moppet...

• Have your mommy call their mommies.
  • Girls, she has a real problem. Stop being so damn mean!

You should just tie them together with a sacred MOH rope (Lowes carries it in the common rope section. Just have your pastor bless it and you're good to go) 3-legged race style and let them be completely equal in every move. From walking down the aisle to standing next to you. YWIA!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:e201a757-eb19-4187-83da-b4f9e2eeebc1">Re: maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have your mommy call their mommies.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Best advice. Ever.
  • You have a date. Are you planning a wedding? Does your FI know? If so, you're engaged.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:150f8000-b107-4674-8b6d-9a5b34b91cc1">Re: maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girls, she has a real problem. Stop being so damn mean! You should just tie them together with a sacred MOH rope (Lowes carries it in the common rope section. Just have your pastor bless it and you're good to go) 3-legged race style and let them be completely equal in every move. From walking down the aisle to standing next to you. YWIA!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

::can't breath...laughing too hard::
  • Maybe you could make one of those fortune tellers/cootie catchers and that will tell you who your MOH should be.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_maid-of-honor-want-change-mind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3d7f21bb-c463-467b-92b1-eb6af481df67Post:150f8000-b107-4674-8b6d-9a5b34b91cc1">Re: maid of honor... what if i want to change my mind.. HELP!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girls, she has a real problem. Stop being so damn mean! You should just tie them together with a sacred MOH rope (Lowes carries it in the common rope section. Just have your pastor bless it and you're good to go) 3-legged race style and let them be completely equal in every move. From walking down the aisle to standing next to you. YWIA!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

OR, throw them in the water and see which ones weigh more than a duck or a piece of wood. That one's your MOH (or a witch, whatever).

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Wait. Does anybody have a secret decoder ring? I think that will give her the answer she's looking for.
  • I love how you edited out all of the information that makes you sound like a moron.  It's too bad there are at least 2 people who quoted you and saved your initial rant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards