Not Engaged Yet

Confessions

Anyone up for a confessions thread on this lovely...*checks calendar*....Wednesday?
Anniversary

Re: Confessions

• I'm going to intentionally skip a meeting today and tell my manager I "forgot".  I have no time today to get my work done.

Also, I confess I'm in a really pissy mood.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Count me in. I confess I've been thinking about babies a lot lately. DH and I both know we're not ready, but I want the snuggles. I also confess I'm feeling kind of huge right now. I was thinking of starting p90x next week, as DH had great success with it last year, but I'm scared I'll fail at it. I've never been good at sticking to fitness plans. Sorry if there aren't paragraphs mobile site.
  • Cschiano, I'm also really baby crazy right now.  Knowing that I still have another year of grad school is not helping. 

I confess that every time someone asks me what I want to do after graduation, I die a little inside.  I don't want the typical tenure-track faculty position at a university.  I want to do something different with my PhD, but I have no idea what.

I confess that the women at work are really getting under my skin and taking me back to my awful teenage years.  They are flat out horrible and I'm ashamed that I'm letting them get to me. 
    Anniversary
  • I confess that if I could go back, I would change so many things about my wedding.

I confess that I skipped the gym last night and this morning. Last night, I wanted to go home and see the dog we rescued in case someone decided to take him for us before I got home. This morning, I didn't want to walk to the train at 5am by myself. 

I confess that sometimes I get freaked out and wonder if FI secretly thinks that he's making a huge mistake. 

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re:Confessions: I confess that every time someone asks me what I want to do after graduation, I die a little inside.nbsp; I don't want the typical tenuretrack faculty position at a university.nbsp; I want to do something different with my PhD, but I have no idea what.nbsp; Posted by LaSak87 I feel you on this. It's the worst question ever. I don't have an answer either and I'm a 6th year.
  • rdr- how is the dog doing? Out of curiousity what would you change about your wedding?

I confess I sometimes I hide candy in my pantry, and I went searching over the weekend I found a new bag of valentine candy hearts.  I've been eating big handfuls all week.

I confess I really hope we are engaged by the time we close on our house.

I know at least 10 friend of mine who are pregnant and having their children before May.  I confess though I get no baby fever from this and it makes me enjoy my independence.

Anniversary

• edited January 2013
    I confess that I've imagined BF proposing when we go out to celebrate our dating anniversary at the end of the month. I know it's not happening, I doubt he's even planning anything yet, but I've imagined it anyway. I don't want to be disappointed on what's supposed to be a fun night.

I confess I am terrified of getting on an airplane next week. Everyone thinks I'm joking when I say that, but I fainted on 2 out of the last 4 flights I've been on, and it's really scary. Fainting in general sucks, but on an airplane which is either landing or taking off - it's 10 x scarier. 

I confess that I am really worried that something is going to happen to my puppy while we are away. My parents aren't used to being careful about a puppy running out the front door when they're going in or out, and Kaya does not have a good recall yet. I trust them more than anyone I know, but I'm still super worried. Please just keep my baby alive!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I severely judge people who use uncommon vocabulary but spell it incorrectly. I saw a woman on another board spell prix fixe menu as 'pre fix menu' and immediately got angry and started texting my friends and Tyler about it. Tyler admitted he didn't know what a prix fixe menu is, but I said that was okay because he wasn't waltzing around trying to spell it. My fellow Cotillion graduates also got the vapors from this, so I feel justified :x. FIRST WORLD UPPER MIDDLE CLASS PROBLEMS.

I confess that I'm livid with my mom's doctors and think they're jerking us around and trying to buy time with copious excuses because they don't actually know what's wrong with her. I also confess that I was probably going overboard when I was texting my dad last night saying that I felt like the doctors were planning to use her as a medical case file and that she was going to be the next Henrietta Lacks, but for the love of god, I'm exhausted mentally and need closure on this part of my life so that I can start moving forward.

I confess that I judge the IT people in my company because they don't have a positive attitude like Tyler does when he's dealing with IT problems at his company. Is it so hard to just be civil when we're on the phone with you?

• I confess that I got really frustrated yesterday when I walked into the gym after work and every machine was being used when just in the past two months, the gym had been completely empty. I know I should be happy that people are on the drive to live a healthier life but seriously... how long will this last? I want my treadmill back!!
  • I confess that all I want to do today is go back to bed.  FI is sick and was up all night.  The man will never take a day off of work, but is also a really big baby when he doesn't feel well.  I feel awful for him, but there isn't enough caffeine around to make me function right now.

I confess that I have baby fever too, but I think my IRL friends make it worse.  Lately, there's lots of congrats on the engagement and then immediate comments on babies.  I know my uterus is older, but its not ancient yet.  I would like to get through the wedding first before I start losing sleep to FI and a baby.  I really like my sleep.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Suzie, I started getting the baby question at 23.  At that point, my ovaries were covered in scar tissue and plastered to my pelvic wall.  People really shut up when you tell them that.
    Anniversary
  • rdr! Why would your FI think he is making a huge mistake???

I confess that I am taking rides on the baby fever train and not inviting H or letting him know I'm daydreaming about being a mom.

I confess I mailed thank you cards yesterday.

I also confess that I am sorta over real people right now. Like I just want to listen to my books and watch my tv shows and that's it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:55116030-8cf3-4c02-b819-d7cceb1dea78">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Suzie, I started getting the baby question at 23.  At that point, my ovaries were covered in scar tissue and plastered to my pelvic wall.  People really shut up when you tell them that.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope things are better now. 

As for the baby making comments, I know they're well intentioned.  I'll just have to figure out a good comeback for now.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:c418d50c-9757-4bb7-8113-08f4e567b2e9">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I got really frustrated yesterday when I walked into the gym after work and every machine was being used when just in the past two months, the gym had been completely empty. I know I should be happy that people are on the drive to live a healthier life but seriously... how long will this last? I want my treadmill back!!
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

Ugh, agree. Resolutioners drive me crazy. I got the LAST real parking spot at the gym last night -- people had to start making their own parking spots on the grass and curbs. Fortunately the machine I like was open, I think because it's a weird one and people might not know how to use it yet, but idk if it'll be the same tonight. I want my machine!!

• I confess that I have no interest in going back to school. Last semester was horrible - not just the classes but the people in my program as well. There was so much drama that I thankfully stayed out of but because I wasn't a TA. This semester will be different I'll have to be around them even more and I'm not looking forward to that experience at all. Wouldn't it be awesome if people could act like adults?

I confess that I think I'll fail at losing weight this year. I try every year and I've never been able to figure out a diet/work-out plan that works for me and that I can stick to. I did sign up for weight-watchers yesterday though...I'm really hoping it works.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:ad43e3c3-b93d-4cd4-8e9c-446490d9cb5e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have no interest in going back to school. Last semester was horrible - not just the classes but the people in my program as well. There was so much drama that I thankfully stayed out of but because I wasn't a TA. This semester will be different I'll have to be around them even more and I'm not looking forward to that experience at all. Wouldn't it be awesome if people could act like adults? I confess that I think I'll fail at losing weight this year. I try every year and I've never been able to figure out a diet/work-out plan that works for me and that I can stick to.<strong> I did sign up for weight-watchers yesterday though...I'm really hoping it works.</strong>
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

My BF started weight watchers December 2011 and lost 64 lbs by May 2012. Now this might be different since he is a guy and has a really fast metabolism but he has recommended it to his stepmom and his female coworkers who were seeking to lose some weight and it has been successful for all of them. I've never tried it since I'm not very good at tracking points but from how I've seen it work for others, it's definitely worth trying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:eb97b4e9-3310-4c4b-a219-48d079d461e6">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]rdr- how is the dog doing? Out of curiousity what would you change about your wedding? I confess I sometimes I hide candy in my pantry, and I went searching over the weekend I found a new bag of valentine candy hearts.  I've been eating big handfuls all week. I confess I really hope we are engaged by the time we close on our house. I know at least 10 friend of mine who are pregnant and having their children before May.  I confess though I get no baby fever from this and it makes me enjoy my independence.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>We found him a home last night! FI's boss's son's GF took him which is nice because we can check in to see how he is from time to time. </div><div>
    </div><div>I really wanted to do a DW and FI was totally on-board but I knew a lot of his family wouldn't come (his brother -- who is his BM -- can't fly and has a hard time with highways because of anxiety) which would make me really sad for him so I figured it was better to stick to home. </div><div>
    </div><div>For the price that we're going to end up paying our caterer, we could have gotten married at places that I loved but were out of our budget originally. We decided to do the endless cocktail hour and now we're realizing we need to add a few stations which is obviously more money and when you factor in the wine package and alcohol, it's A LOT. </div><div>
    </div><div>Sometimes I have doubts about my photographer. I didn't LOVE my e-pics, but that could also be because I wasn't happy with myself in them. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:0328a2b2-19a5-43b2-8c04-3cd47c8a1c85">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : <strong> My BF started weight watchers December 2011 and lost 64 lbs by May 2012. </strong>Now this might be different since he is a guy and has a really fast metabolism but he has recommended it to his stepmom and his female coworkers who were seeking to lose some weight and it has been successful for all of them. I've never tried it since I'm not very good at tracking points but from how I've seen it work for others, it's definitely worth trying.

Wow! That is crazy! I'd be thrilled to lose half that by May!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:85d182fc-b920-4e97-b61d-172a93cbf767">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]rdr ! Why would your FI think he is making a huge mistake??? I confess that I am taking rides on the baby fever train and not inviting H or letting him know I'm daydreaming about being a mom. I confess I mailed thank you cards yesterday. I also confess that I am sorta over real people right now. Like I just want to listen to my books and watch my tv shows and that's it.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know. Sometimes I think I'm an asshole and he deserves better and I hope that he doesn't wake up one day and realize that. I think it's a self-esteem issue.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:c418d50c-9757-4bb7-8113-08f4e567b2e9">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I got really frustrated yesterday when I walked into the gym after work and every machine was being used when just in the past two months, the gym had been completely empty. I know I should be happy that people are on the drive to live a healthier life but seriously... how long will this last? I want my treadmill back!!

<div>I'm kind of one of those people. I fell off the wagon big time around the holidays and just got back to the gym last Wednesday. I really only get to the gym during off-peak hours, though, so I'm not really a treadmill-hogger :)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:ad45d440-dd0a-4a22-b963-43336b56fb0c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I don't know. Sometimes I think I'm an asshole and he deserves better and I hope that he doesn't wake up one day and realize that. I think it's a self-esteem issue.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    You are not an ahole. You are so amazing and wonderful.  You are a great friend, kind, caring, funny and beautiful.  I am sure he realizes all of this and more, and knows how lucky he actually is.

Anniversary

• steignsteign member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I confess that I am afraid of failing and not getting in to law school. My whole life all I have wanted to be is a lawyer and it makes me sad that everyone is trying to talk me out of it. I know they're doing it because of the job situation and how expensive it is but, I become irrational and think people just assume I'm not cut out for it. I know this is what I want to do and I just need to believe in myself more.

I also confess the past 2 weeks I have been way too sensitive at work. I need to stop letting people get to me and offend me so easily.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:c3f7aa94-b967-4693-9cd8-20fb580f854c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : You are not an ahole. You are so amazing and wonderful.  You are a great friend, kind, caring, funny and beautiful.  I am sure he realizes all of this and more, and knows how lucky he actually is.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I have to second this. Rdr - your FI is a lucky guy :)

• You guys are making me blush! Thank you :) Sometimes I guess I just don't know how he puts up with me. I've gotten better with it. It's stupid. And hard to explain. But I'm getting better with not thinking like that. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:8c4fdbca-0e70-4868-a868-fcb1fa4ddc0f">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions :   I really wanted to do a DW and FI was totally on-board but I knew a lot of his family wouldn't come (his brother -- who is his BM -- can't fly and has a hard time with highways because of anxiety) which would make me really sad for him so I figured it was better to stick to home. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I fought for this same thing, but we also ran into travel issues with family members.  The final straw was needing to pay for some family to get them out there and not others.  Where would you draw the line?  It was hard to let it go. So we're ending up local, too.

I'm guessing a lot of these thoughts are you getting close to your date and getting nervous everything will go well.  It will. 

You can always have a destination vow renewal in 10 years to get the best of both:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:16711149-c3d1-4793-ac0c-f6602babeb2b">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I fought for this same thing, but we also ran into travel issues with family members.  The final straw was needing to pay for some family to get them out there and not others.  <strong>Where would you draw the line?</strong>  It was hard to let it go. So we're ending up local, too. <strong>I'm guessing a lot of these thoughts are you getting close to your date and getting nervous everything will go well.</strong>  It will.  You can always have a destination vow renewal in 10 years to get the best of both:)
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly. I knew that the people in my family that I needed to have there would be there but I couldn't be sure about anyone in FI's family except maybe his dad. </div><div>
    </div><div>You're probably right. And because we've been engaged for so long. We booked the big things early on so I'm probably just second-guessing myself and getting stressed about dishing out so much $$</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:ad45d440-dd0a-4a22-b963-43336b56fb0c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I don't know. Sometimes I think I'm an asshole and he deserves better and I hope that he doesn't wake up one day and realize that. I think it's a self-esteem issue.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I am so happy I'm not the only one who thinks this way!  I always think that now that we're living together, BF is going to one day say to me "f*ck this, you're a complete crazy bltch".

Totally a self-esteem issue with me as well since last BF just packed up and left one day out of the blue, two days before Christmas.  Didn't hear from him again until March when he wanted his stuff back.  I told him I goodwilled his shlt he can buy it there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    Diriving into work I knew this thread would be here waiting for me so I have this....

I confess I know the lyrics to Keh$ha's "Die Young" and I am so ashamed. 

I confess that I no longer feel motivated to go to bar class and never want to look in a mirror again.

I confess that I feel the need to dye my hair an outrageous color. 
  • I think everyone gets those feelings from time to time in a relationship. I do once and awhile but I know deep down I deserve this wonderful man and I'm so lucky.  In fact he is even luckier( is luckier even a word???) to have me. Although I do joke after I do something stupid, and tell him it's not legal yet.... run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_confessions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b0d2b38-4496-42b9-b9e7-7f3bf1e5dc66Post:f26b089c-ace3-4b40-9ab4-fa8f13170bfd">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Diriving into work I knew this thread would be here waiting for me so I have this.... I confess I know the lyrics to Keh$ha's "Die Young" and<strong> I am so ashamed</strong>.  I confess that I no longer feel motivated to go to bar class and never want to looking a mirror again. I confess that I feel the need to dye my hair an outrageous color. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>WHY? I fucklng love Kesha.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards