Washington-Seattle

After Wedding deals thru Macys?

Does anyone know how they work or how they let you know when you get them?
We had our registries thru Macy's & BB&B. The day after the wedding BB&B emailed us and said you can have 10% off the stuff left. But I am wondering when Macy's notifies us & how much of a discount it will be.

We leave for Disneyland Friday morning and I wanted to go to BB&B or Macy's and buy a couple luggage pieces off our registry for the trip. But I want to know which place will have the better deal...

Re: After Wedding deals thru Macys?

• edited December 2011
    I got an email from Macy's about a week after our wedding. You get 10% off from there as well. There is a code you can get online when you sign into your registry or you can use your registry list when you shop in the store.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, thanks :)
  • apnk2005apnk2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Careful about BB&B...you can't actually go in and just say, "I'd like 10% off my registry items, please."  They send you a coupon in the mail, and you won't get the discount in-store unless you have it (I found that out the hard way...)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actualyl just opened the mail from today and that card you are speaking of was in there! :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you get the 20% coupons from BB&B, that might be a good option for luggage vs. just 10% off.  Of course, be sure to read the fine print on all coupons.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The 20% off ones say (i think) cannot be combined with any other offer. But that's ridiculous for them to offer us registered people 10% off when there are 20% off coupons out there.... If we cannot combine them then of course we will use the 20% off. They offer those 20% coupons on 1 item only and for your whole purchase. They should offer us 20% off our registry!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree.  We registered with Macys but didn't use that registry and we got 10% from them and 10% from BB&B.  Honestly, what does that do?  Not much IMO - give me 20% and I'll be more inclined to complete my registry!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree too, most of the time with Macy's I got better offers. THe 10% only came in handy with stuff that doesn't normaly go on sale or get the 25% off with your macy's card coupons.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    Macy's - is their home sale still going on? Because we had gone in person to the Bellevue store (it's the biggest so has the best selection) and I got an email after the wedding from our registry consultant that they were running a special: 20% off the home sale prices for registry completion instead of the normal 10%!! I say call and see if that sale is still going on because it was SUCH a good thing for us! Hardly anyone got us our china, but we got a LOT of cash. We were able to go and do a "presale" before the sale started, got the sale price and then 20% off after that AND they gave us the other "deals". (Our Lenox had spend $150 and get 2 rim bowls free. Stemwear was buy 3 get on free.) We actually put it all on my card so that we'll get more Macy's points for rebate to put towards some other things :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011

Macy's was the first to let us know. And we've used it. Right now they're having their big home sale and we throw our registry discount on top of it and we got our duvet for over 200 off, unbelievable! And they let us know our gift card is on it's way. Can't wait to go shopping again after we get it!

Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards