Wedding Etiquette Forum

What do you wonder about another knottie?

Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:651c752c-f1a7-4c46-a2df-00fa517aa6bb">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ILTR, I don't know why you keep responding. It just seems like you keep digging yourself into a bigger hole and missing the point.  You said something people perceived to be rude.  Whether it was intended to be rude or not.  And now, instead of dropping it or apologizing, you keep defending why it was okay for you to say it.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey, another "I wonder"!</div>
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:2f3a56f4-e775-4bb2-9dba-427be42e1daf">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Muni I meant no harm in my comments. I just thought I was explaining why someone would think what the PP said would help with future shots. You look beautiful in your photos but I was just trying to describe how they look different from your sig pics. I felt like it was open fair to critique since you mentioned that maybe you needed new ones. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but that was not my intention at all.
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh shut the fucck up.</div>
  • Um, if you use the word "heavier" to describe an anorexic - to their face - that's kind of like pounding a nail into their coffin.  Dumbass.
    panther
  • This thread was entertaining. 

I wonder how Bay got into flame twirling. 
  • I wonder why Robot doesn't have a sig picture?  Think it might be because she's ugly as a foot?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:84931c45-216f-44fd-9c76-c192acadcdc9">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish for two things: 1. Robot to go away. 2. The topic to move past Robot being her usual douchey self.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>I finally signed up for knitting classes! But then the set I signed up for were cancelled because I was the only one to sign up. So I will be starting the classes on the 28th. I tell you this because you are a knitter and I think you'll understand my excitement. Everyone else just kind of goes "Really? Knitting?"</div>
  • I wonder how posters can continue to dig themselves deeper holes. I'm a stubborn hooar sometimes, but jeez. Just. Stop. Now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:df4a4c64-d2cb-4b49-bfe8-2937e6347253">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This thread was entertaining.  I wonder how Bay got into flame twirling. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    AHAHA at first I thought you meant internet flaming.

A friend of H's did it at a party we were at last year, and asked if we both wanted to try it.  By the end of the evening I was completely hooked and it was all over from there.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Poke, are you just starting to knit?  I don't really know anything about it, except I have a bunch of friends who knit.  Actually, I think ALL of my female friends knit. An old roommate of mine knitted my sister a baby blanket last summer. My only involvement was picking out a pattern.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I swear all the crazies have come out in the passed 72 hours.. 

H knows I post here he often refers to people by their sigs. It makes me laugh.

Muni- you look gorgeous in both pictures. END OF STORY
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:2f3a56f4-e775-4bb2-9dba-427be42e1daf">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Muni I meant no harm in my comments. I just thought I was explaining why someone would think what the PP said would help with future shots. You look beautiful in your photos but I was just trying to describe how they look different from your sig pics. I felt like it was open fair to critique since you mentioned that maybe you needed new ones. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but that was not my intention at all.

<div>Then why didn't this apology come immediately after you realised offence could have been taken?</div>
  • I was knitting at a bar I used to be a regular at once. I was mocked slightly, but didn't care. Scarves do not finish themselves!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:f8c23f8c-64cc-478e-bb5b-609be60c5e14">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder why Robot doesn't have a sig picture?  Think it might be because she's ugly as a foot?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness, sometimes I wonder if there are people who don't put sig pics up because they actually are really ugly.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • OH! Bay knits too right?

Rsanna - I haven't knit yet. I bought the supplies for the class that was supposed to start this past Saturday, but was moved. I am looking forward to it - and to figuring out how two sticks and yarn can turn into a sweater lol.
  • Eags is an exception to people being ugly and not posting their picture. Because she is, in fact, radiant.
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I can't say from personal experience but everyone that I know who knits loves it.  I got a pair of fingerless gloves that my old roommate knitted for me, and she knit my FI a single sock as a joke.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:704f6f34-deb2-4826-a762-3d618bda7eb4">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eags is an exception to people being ugly and not posting their picture. Because she is, in fact, radiant.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Which is why she needs to AW</div>
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:a076d6eb-bc33-4ebc-aab5-165d03aca6e5">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I finally signed up for knitting classes! But then the set I signed up for were cancelled because I was the only one to sign up. So I will be starting the classes on the 28th. I tell you this because you are a knitter and I think you'll understand my excitement. Everyone else just kind of goes "Really? Knitting?"
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I want to learn to knit!  Is it harder if you are left handed?  My MIL just could not teach me how to crochet because I am a strong lefty
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:70cfe4bc-af3d-4e4b-bc14-9033f40d0329">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : In all seriousness, sometimes I wonder if there are people who don't put sig pics up <strong>because they actually are really ugly.
    </strong>Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Yeah or they are waiting for the right moment to put a picture so everyone will tell them they are pretty.

I often wonder if many of the girls here are really honest when they say someone's shoes/dress/hair/flowers/etc is so pretty, or if I am the only asshole who thinks they are ugly.
  • I personally find Muni to be gorgeous in all of the photos I have seen of her.

I really wonder what Eags looks like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:269606e6-59bb-4163-aa62-4d1397ba416a">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : <strong>I want to learn to knot!</strong>  Is it harder if you are left handed?  My MIL just could not teach me how to crochet because I am a strong lefty
    Posted by IamTheMommaOfTheBride[/QUOTE]

<div>I swear I'm not trying to be an asshole by pointing out that typo - but it made me laugh. You know, considering which website you're on. Ha. </div>
  • I wonder how people have the patience to knit. I just cannot sit still to get more than one line done. But I could play video games or fart around on the internet all day, so go figure.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:a076d6eb-bc33-4ebc-aab5-165d03aca6e5">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I finally signed up for knitting classes! But then the set I signed up for were cancelled because I was the only one to sign up. So I will be starting the classes on the 28th. I tell you this because you are a knitter and I think you'll understand my excitement. Everyone else just kind of goes "Really? Knitting?"

<div>OOH! Yay! What kind of classes are they? Do they teach you just the basics, or do they teach you the basics while they teach you to make something? Did that make sense?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:0ae1b7ba-4803-42f4-981c-b4ac8e4acdc5">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Yeah or they are waiting for the right moment to put a picture so everyone will tell them they are pretty. <strong>I often wonder if many of the girls here are really honest when they say someone's shoes/dress/hair/flowers/etc is so pretty, or if I am the only asshole who thinks they are ugly.</strong>
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I don't notice that sort of thing as much here, but on the month boards I wonder the same thing. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: just because it seems like compliments are thrown about so casually on the month boards. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:318bdc17-7fce-4085-9ad4-8345df648c4e">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Then why didn't this apology come immediately after you realised offence could have been taken?

I really didn't think "heavier" would have been taken that hard. If someone said I looked heavier in one pic than another I would've realized what they meant. ESPECIALLY if I was someone constantly being critiqued like that. But whatever, this will get flamed too since I used the word heavier... FFS
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:66c8d283-a0df-46ae-9d27-9cd72ea49117">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I swear I'm not trying to be an asshole by pointing out that typo - but it made me laugh. You know, considering which website you're on. Ha. 

no   lol   I saw it, I get it, i laughed too
    Just don't insult my intelligence or my choice in men
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:0ae1b7ba-4803-42f4-981c-b4ac8e4acdc5">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I often wonder if many of the girls here are really honest when they say someone's shoes/dress/hair/flowers/etc is so pretty, or if I am the only asshole who thinks they are ugly.
    I only issue compliments that I mean. If I don't like something I generally don't comment.
  • I wonder why ILTR didn't just drop it. We were talking about knitting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:0ae1b7ba-4803-42f4-981c-b4ac8e4acdc5">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : Yeah or they are waiting for the right moment to put a picture so everyone will tell them they are pretty. I often wonder if many of the girls here are really honest when they say someone's shoes/dress/hair/flowers/etc is so pretty, <strong>or if I am the only asshole who thinks they are ugly.</strong>

<div>Probably not. There are very few things taht are to everyones tastes. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have seen things that I think "Well it's NMS but it looks nice on her" but I haven't actually seen anything (that I remember) that I thought was actually ugly. </div><div>
    </div><div>And I'm not vagueknotting there - I can''t remember WHO I thought had something that wasn't my style or even what it was, I just know it has crossed my mind. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-wonder-about-another-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d592fc6b-4dfd-458d-b38c-95b51f3e51e0Post:1c153210-1dca-4035-98c8-1d489a462ec9">Re: What do you wonder about another knottie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you wonder about another knottie? : I really didn't think "heavier" would have been taken that hard. If someone said I looked heavier in one pic than another I would've realized what they meant. <strong>ESPECIALLY if I was someone constantly being critiqued like that. </strong>But whatever, this will get flamed too since I used the word heavier... FFS

<div>WTF is that supposed to even MEAN?  You're the only person who has EVER "critiqued" ANYONE'S appearance since the dreaded Barbie-has-demon-eyes clusterfuck over a year ago.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards