California-Los Angeles

NWR: Just need advice

Let me give a little background, So tomorrow I have to attend a funeral for my only Great Aunt, who passed away suddenly a week ago. My aunt was a great women who loved and enjoyed life and everyone in her life! We all know that she would not want any of us to sad and gloomy at her services and to celebrate her life with lots of love and laughter with that said:

My question is I know normally one would wear black or dark tones to a funeral, would it be disrespectful or inappropriate to wear other colors such as pinks, pastels or other tones?

Re: NWR: Just need advice

• edited December 2011
    No, I think that if that is your way of honoring your Great Aunt, then that's fine.  After all, the point of wearing black is (at least in point) is to show respect.  If you're worried about offending, then maybe just mute the colors down some by pairing it with black or gray with grays. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think so at all! I want people to cheerful the day I die (yes ladies I have actually though of it, I'm pathetic) 

But if you are worried about offending....what about black and white?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't see a problem with it at all.  I've worn colors/prints other than black to funeral services.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should wear whatever you think would make your Aunt happy! 
    So sorry to hear about your loss.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards