May 2012 Weddings

Driving myself crazy....

and feeling ridiculous that I can't seem to make decisions on things. Right now, I struggle with the flowers. It's not a matter of type, it's a matter of adding color. Dumb, I know. My and my MOH's bouquets will be all white (her's is just a little smaller than mine). I have no BMs, so that makes things relatively simple. I changed my centerpieces to lanterns with a single hydrangea (two per table). My options are white or light blue. I feel ridiculous that I can't make this decision! The white will make everything clean looking, but on the other hand, the light blue would add a little color to the tables (I will have white linens with burlap runners and three votives per table with sea shells inside). I have pops if navy blue for the wish tags (ribbon), navy ribbon on my starfish aisle markers, and possibly on the cake (stripes...cake in my bio).

I also wanted to add blue to my bouquet- either dark blue hydrangea or just a navy blue ribbon with a little trail. (My MOH is wearing cobalt blue, so I thought it would be nice to carry that over).

So, I need opionions. Help!

Re: Driving myself crazy....

• Not that the light blue wouldn't work, but I really like the idea of all white.
  • As for the centerpieces I would go with the light blue. If the linens are white then the flowers will stand out if just a little brighter or darker. Also what about just adding the blue in for your flowers? It would make it stand out from your MOH's and since she's wearing blue then for her the all white would stand out. That's just my opinion but I think no matter which way you went it would look great! All the options are great.
  • I n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_driving-myself-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7e503649-46d1-4d98-9d90-52ecc6a64ac9Post:d1d04e22-851b-4ad4-ae14-c3aab46f6565">Re: Driving myself crazy....</a>:
    [QUOTE]As for the centerpieces I would go with the light blue. If the linens are white then the flowers will stand out if just a little brighter or darker. Also what about just adding the blue in for your flowers? It would make it stand out from your MOH's and since she's wearing blue then for her the all white would stand out. That's just my opinion but I think no matter which way you went it would look great! All the options are great.
    Posted by mancila60[/QUOTE]

I agree...I'd use the blue. You have to be careful with all white turning from "clean lines" to staril or stark. -- pop a little kiss of color into it.  :)
    Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies for helping me make a decision! Blue it is!
  • My boquet is white with some pink/'purple in it, t...there is no pink or purple anywhere else in the wedding, bridesmaids flowers are all white, flower girl has green flowers, but I dont like green flowers...and I wanted my boquet to be different and also to be visible against my dress. I think its awesome to add just a touch of colour for contrast and drama (the good kind)!

As for centerpieces we are adding purple orchids to that as well to give it some color so its not just plain white gerberas.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I think the blue would be nice to add a little pop of color, it will still be elegant :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I vote for blue hydrangeas but I might be a bit biased, since that is our centerpiece flower! :)
  • We're doing all white bouquets for me and BMs and a coloured bouquet for the flower girl and the table arrangements... sounds like we have a similar vision! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards