Moms and Maids

bridesmaid drama

So I told my friend that she could be my maid of honor. But I have changed my mind. How do I tell her? or What? I dont know what to do.. Please Help

Re: bridesmaid drama

• AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:54b255c7-a6ef-43b0-b84a-bc666d591830Post:d57b10a2-9876-4417-9988-4a4fe8c70ccf">bridesmaid drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I told my friend that she could be my maid of honor. But I have changed my mind. How do I tell her? or What? I dont know what to do.. Please Help
    Posted by Kbaskett1023[/QUOTE]

<div>Do not demote her. It will only end badly for you. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    You cannot remove her unless you want thing to ends between the two of you and you to look bad/bridezilla-ish to everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    You absolutely cannot demote her.  It's very rude and poor etiquette.  If you demote her I can assure you that it will end the friendship.

Why have you changed your mind?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• Kbaskett1023Kbaskett1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our friendship has change. We are not as close as we use to be. I still want her in my wedding as a bridesmaid. But not as maid of honor.
  • edited December 2011
    Still no.  You can't "demote" your friend either without looking like giant brat.
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why do you think the friendship has changed?
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you think your friendship has changed now, wait for it to get MUCH worse or end completely if you demote her.

You asked her and now you are stuck with her.  Demoting her would make you look HORRIBLE.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • edited December 2011
    You still have time. The friendship may get worse just as it might get better; then you would feel awful for demoting your friend.
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Demoting her means ending the friendship.  There's no way around that.  Either it was bad enough that you want her out of your life entirely, which means she won't even be invited to the wedding, or it wasn't that bad, which means you need to suck it up and deal with your decision if you still want to be friends.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:54b255c7-a6ef-43b0-b84a-bc666d591830Post:671527ff-9089-4322-98a9-d3098c118031">Re: bridesmaid drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our friendship has change. We are not as close as we use to be. I still want her in my wedding as a bridesmaid. But not as maid of honor.
    Posted by Kbaskett1023[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters, but how has your friendship changed?
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding is 8.5 months away.  That is plenty of time to fix the friendship.  Wouldn't that be better than giving a dear friend a very public slap across the face?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:54b255c7-a6ef-43b0-b84a-bc666d591830Post:a0cce8c6-f882-4495-b14b-8725541cef33">Re: bridesmaid drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding is 8.5 months away.  That is plenty of time to fix the friendship.  Wouldn't that be better than giving a dear friend a very public slap across the face?
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

This...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    If if that bad leave her as the MOH but have your bm's help out more if they are willing.
    Also try talking to her if your friendship has changed, leave wedding out just talk as friends, weddings tend to change friendships, or put them in a clearer picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards