August 2012 Weddings

FI so not stressed...

Hello ladies,
I am sooo stressed out about not having anything written in stone yet. It is so irrittating. Everytime I ask my FI his opinion he replies 'we will figure it out'. Well, if we keep putting things off then nothing will get done until 6 months to go.  Am I the only one in this boat?

Sorry, had to vent. I am very overwelmed right now!

Re: FI so not stressed...

• I have booked a couple things, and I keep hearing "you're gonna be so bored next year!"  and "if you do it all now, you're not going to be excited!"  I'm a big planner by nature, so it was killing me to not know that things were in stone.  Basically I'm doing venue, caterer and photographer because those were important to me, then I'll take a break.  Well I also through dj in there so we could get DJ Melee before he was all booked up.  I hope to have those other things done by the end of April.  Then I'll continue collecting candles, and vases, and jars for the candy buffet but I'll lay off vendors for awhile.

Does your FI want to be involved in planning?  Could you book some appointments and drag him along?  If he doesn't really care, maybe you can go with your mom or someone else and just book a couple big ones, so you know you're getting the venue etc. you want, and then you'll feel a bit better...
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_fi-not-stressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:01526536-ad1f-457e-8584-0bb481edff86Post:ae145e7a-af25-452e-9ce8-3daa9836dd1c">Re: FI so not stressed...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have booked a couple things, and I keep hearing<strong> "you're gonna be so bored next year!"  and "if you do it all now, you're not going to be excited!" </strong> I'm a big planner by nature, so it was killing me to not know that things were in stone.  Basically I'm doing venue, caterer and photographer because those were important to me, then I'll take a break.  Well I also through dj in there so we could get DJ Melee before he was all booked up.  I hope to have those other things done by the end of April.  Then I'll continue collecting candles, and vases, and jars for the candy buffet but I'll lay off vendors for awhile. Does your FI want to be involved in planning?  Could you book some appointments and drag him along?  If he doesn't really care, maybe you can go with your mom or someone else and just book a couple big ones, so you know you're getting the venue etc. you want, and then you'll feel a bit better...
    Posted by bmetz34[/QUOTE]

I hear these same things too! And I am also a planner!!

OP: since us August brides still have a ways to go, you will be fine.  Like PP said, book an appointment and drag him along.  But really, nothing needs to be started until about 9 months out.  But maybe try stressing to him how important it is to you to get some of the larger checks out of the way now. :)

Hope that will help
  • I'm the same as PP - and a huge obsessive compulsive person LOL

I had our venue done first, then our photographer and now with my job being so busy right now I'm kinda on my "break" from wedding planning. I was lucky in that my FI is excited and WANTS to go check things out or talk about wedding stuff. I'm usually the one that starts the conversations of course, but he is great with it so far...

This sounds bad so I'm sorry about how this comes out but maybe if you were to say, hey I'm scheduling an appt to meet with X about our venue/photography/caterer - what day is good for you? Starting looking at the things you would like for your wedding and hopefully he will jump on the train.
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the total opposite! Normally I'm pretty OCD with planning (my closet is color coordinated for crying out loud...), but with our wedding stuff I just feel so laid back.

This is driving my FI CRAAAAAZY!! hahaha. He's way on top of the planning, and it's kind of refreshing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello!

This is my first time posting on theknot, because I was searching the boards for ANYONE to have the same feelings as I did! I'm glad I'm not alone!

My situation is that I ideally wanted a mid-june through mid-july wedding and our #1 resort choice is already booked through July 2012!

My FI is the same way! And it is driving me crazy because if the don't book this resort asap I'm thinking a summer wedding isn't happening!?

Am I just being crazy? Everyone is making me feel like I'm rushing things, but because our wedding isn't in the state that we live currently, I just want to know I have a secured location. I don't think I'm overracting!

But ladies I hear ya! In the same boat!

S
    I'm against picketing - but I don't know how to show it! ~Mitch Hedberg~
  • I feel the same way.  My fiance would wait until the last minute to do anything.  It annoys me to no end sometimes.  I have my photographer, venue, and dj booked and I am holding off on everything else for now.  Oh wait, I have my dress picked out but have not ordered it yet.  I was told Maggie Sottero takes 8 months to make her dresses so I needed to get that out of the way pretty early on so I will probably order mine in August of this year just to be on the safe side.  I hope everything gets easier for you.  But as shown by the previous posts a lot of us are in the same boat.  Perhaps we should invest in a cruise Cool
    proving the choas theory one day at a time http://emtboyandhislove.weebly.com/ Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards