Missouri-Kansas City

Unique wedding venues on a budget??

Hi all!!
We are looking for a unique wedding venue in Kansas City area for around 100 people. Our budget is under $1000 but we would like to spend less than that ($500 would be nice :)) We like the urban loft feel or modern style.

Thank you for all your ideas :):)

Re: Unique wedding venues on a budget??

• They're not really urban loft but tons of Masonic Lodges will rent out their space fairly cheap.  Also try Knights of Columbus halls and community centers.  When I was looking for an inexpensive venue I looked at the community center over in Mission and it was relatively inexpensive.  Oh! Also VFW halls and Elks Lodges.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The most inexpensive downtown loft space I was able to find was Studio B, but I still think it would be more than $1000.  Nara would definitely be more than that.  If you want to stay under budget, I suggest looking outside of downtown. The Lenexa Conference Center is neat.  It's an old converted barn, it's not modern but it does have high ceilings and brick walls. Or there is the Stanley in Lee's Summit, but that also has a more vintage feel and I'm not sure how much they charge?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you did a Sunday, The Mission Theatre would be right at $1000.  My review and pictures are in a post from a couple of weeks ago.  The $1000 would include the tables, chairs, linens, set up, clean up, Bar and bartenders (something like 10 kinds of beer and 7 kinds of wine included), the DJ, and an Emcee.  I thought it was a fantastic deal.  
  • Gosh! Weddings are expensive!!! We are going to look at the Morning Glory Antique Ballroom in Westport on Saturday. it is $800. So hopefully we will like it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_unique-wedding-venues-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:3f219e8f-8fc0-4c76-9ccc-d6d761327d82Post:4dca57f5-2d92-4897-a2dc-3f705d4ffac3">Unique wedding venues on a budget??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!! We are looking for a unique wedding venue in Kansas City area for around 100 people. Our budget is under $1000 but we would like to spend less than that ($500 would be nice :)) We like the urban loft feel or modern style. Thank you for all your ideas :):)
    Posted by mmcneece23[/QUOTE]

My venue was 650.00 on a saturday and we loved it! Our wedding budget was small... we paid 2,500 for the whole thing. Hall,food,gifts, DJ,dress, invites cake ! if you e-mail me at <a href="mailto:ramzmac@yahoo.com" rel="nofollow">ramzmac@yahoo.com</a> I will be happy to share with you. Sorry I don't get on this website that often. I am helping a family member plan her wedding and needed to look back. Congrats and good luck
    Maria
  • I don't know if it's what you are looking for but try oldmillparkville.com also try artisphotographers.com they have an event space that is really reasonable.

Tisha Louthain
    facebook/uniquelyyoursfloristandwedding/eventplanner

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_unique-wedding-venues-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:3f219e8f-8fc0-4c76-9ccc-d6d761327d82Post:4dca57f5-2d92-4897-a2dc-3f705d4ffac3">Unique wedding venues on a budget??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!! We are looking for a unique wedding venue in Kansas City area for around 100 people. Our budget is under $1000 but we would like to spend less than that ($500 would be nice :)) We like the urban loft feel or modern style. Thank you for all your ideas :):)
    Posted by mmcneece23[/QUOTE]
  • Where one get married in NY may be the biggest factor in determining all kind of wedding you are having. Before you begin searching for your new york wedding location, I think about what kind of wedding you want, how many people inviting and what kind of a budget you will have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards