New York-Hudson Valley

Patriot Hills Question

Hi Everyone!  My fiance & I are having our wedding at Patriot Hills in October 2011.  We already had our tasting & I didn't like the chicken dinner that was served.  Do any past brides or guest have recommendations on their chicken dishes?
Thanks so much!

Re: Patriot Hills Question

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Which dish did you try?

We had the spinach and asiago stuffed chicken breast and from what I remember, everyone who had it loved it.
    imageimageimage
  • Shelly030Shelly030 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! 

I had the Roasted Apple Cider Chicken.  We thought it would be perfect for the fall, but I really didn't care for it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Shelly. I'm getting married at PH in July and we actually did the tasting after signing the contract. Everyone raves about the food but I was not impressed at all. Actually, I liked about half of it. I was put off by this, but my FI suggested that maybe it's for the best.... since people have different taste in food, hopefully the different selections will accommodate everyone's differences... we'll see!
    I also thought everything was WAY too salty. I emailed Gina about this and she said she will make sure the chef uses less salt that day.

You can always attend another tasting to see if you like what they serve that day. I recently inquired about it. It's $25 per person to attend an addt'l tasting.
    Good luck!
    edited December 2011
    Shari - Maybe we were at the same tasting because I was also not impressed.  My fiance brought up all the great reviews when I was thinking about canceling, so we too are hoping for the best.
    I really can't see spending another $50 for that dinner.   Gina said to come hungry, but I didn't really think it was that much food & most of it was fried.
    Thanks & Good luck to you too!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. I'm not spending any money for another tasting. They'll be getting enough of my money in the coming months!
    I'm sure it'll all work out and the food will be great for both of our weddings  :)
    I went to the tasting earlier this month. What about you?
    edited December 2011
    I hope so!  Our tasting was in October.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprised to hear this.  We loved the food and had a wonderful experience with PH!  I believe we had a different chicken dish (I think it was like a french herb encrusted chicken??).  We received numerous compliments on all of the food.  I keep hoping I'll get invited back to another event so I can eat more ha!
  • edited December 2011
    Jumping in!  I'm a PH Bride from August 2008 and I can't rave ENOUGH about their amazing food and service.  I had a two year engagement so I went to two tastings over that time and was impressed both times.  I'm glad I was able to go to the tastings because I was only able to eat little bits here and there that day.  Look at another chicken dish if it wasn't your taste.  We did a beef, duck and chicken.  Everyone loved the food.  It's almost three years later and my family still talks about my wedding.  Two of my friends are having their weddings there this year -- May and October.  I am dying to go back as a guest and enjoy the food.  If I end up in labor for the May wedding, the bride is bringing my food to the hospital, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lisa5nylisa5ny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to chime in also because I was married at Patriot Hills in Nov 2008 and the food was amazing. I've been to several weddings there since then, and the food has been great every time. I'm sorry all you ladies had a bad experience, but I adored Patriot Hills and I encourage anyone who is interested to still check them out regardless of these poor food reviews. Gina was great, and if you have a concern about a specific dish I'm sure she will accomodate.
    -HTH
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Well, if the head chef recently changed that could be the reason we weren't as impressed with the food....
  • edited December 2011
    If you're concerned, you could try calling Gina and Trish.  They are super helpful and I'm sure will do everything they can to make you happy and comfortable!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_patriot-hills-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:f94daebd-b65a-4f2f-a344-55956b90f3f6Post:7aef8f74-6b22-4972-b0fe-f97ea03f8077">Re: Patriot Hills Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're concerned, you could try calling Gina and Trish.  They are super helpful and I'm sure will do everything they can to make you happy and comfortable!
    Posted by rblucy[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this!!  Gina and Trish are nothing but wonderful :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I already did. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I contacted Gina and she is going to ask them to count down the amount of salt.

Aside from that can be done about not liking the food? It's not like they are going to hire a new chef for my wedding.
  • i3utaphly1i3utaphly1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your tasting....hopefully it was just an off afternoon.  I've been to 2 events there in the last month and a half actually and have left full of delicious food!  I can't rave about it enough.   Everything was fantastic and I actually had both of the above mentioned chicken dishes and both were amazing.  I have a friend getting married in the Fall and helped her choose this place because of those meals.  I even went to her tasting with her and everything was spot on.  I can't wait to have a reason to host an event there because I know I'll be getting a lot of bang for my buck! 

Hope your wedding day is amazing!  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kendra316kendra316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also going to have to disagree. I've been to several weddings at PH and everytime time the food was fabulous.

We were ::this:: close to choosing PH for OUR wedding BECAUSE of the food but the space was much bigger then we needed. I'm sure everything will be perfect the day of. It can't hurt to give Gina another call and voice your concerns, see if they are willing to do any tasting free of charge. I'm sure they'll work with you.
    edited December 2011
    I've heard lots of great reviews about the actual wedding food at Patriot Hills which is why we are sticking it out.  I've had friends have tastings at places that they said were not good, but then I've been to weddings at that place and it was amazing.  So I don't think tastings always give you a true idea of what the wedding will be like. 

I did talk to Gina and she said we'd have to pay another $25 each to do another tasting. I think I'll just take kristin's advice and go with the stuffed chicken.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  It does make me feel better that things will turn out well for the day of.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_patriot-hills-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:f94daebd-b65a-4f2f-a344-55956b90f3f6Post:bef571a5-d409-406a-b483-f735e85ce1ea">Re: Patriot Hills Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear about your tasting....hopefully it was just an off afternoon.  <strong>I've been to 2 events there in the last month and a half actually and have left full of delicious food!  I can't rave about it enough. </strong>  Everything was fantastic and I actually had both of the above mentioned chicken dishes and both were amazing.  I have a friend getting married in the Fall and helped her choose this place because of those meals.  I even went to her tasting with her and everything was spot on.  I can't wait to have a reason to host an event there because I know I'll be getting a lot of bang for my buck!  Hope your wedding day is amazing!  Good luck!
    Posted by i3utaphly1[/QUOTE]

Well, I just hope that's the case for my wedding (and yours too, Shelly!)
    I was put off by the tasting. Like I said, I liked some of it, but I wasn't impressed. The best thing about the night for me was the free Guinness! haha
    I know everyone is saying they "disagree" with me. Honestly though, food isn't really something someone can disagree on. Two people can go to the same restaurant and order the same thing and one can love it and the other hates it... it's a personal thing. I just hope my experience is as amazing as everyone else's!
  • I just wanted to follow up in case anyone reads this later.  We had our wedding at Patriot Hills and like many girls stated the wedding was AMAZING!!  PH did a great job and all of the wonderful reviews are true.  We still get lots of people raving about the food, the amount of food/choices, the look of the venue...it was perfect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards