Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

tattoos...can't make up my mind!

I have a fair number of tattoos, including a full sleeve, a partial chest piece and a back piece. I am considering covering the chest piece and the back piece, but that almost seems ridiculous to do with the full sleeve! I consider my tattoos a part of who I am, but I also feel that I want to showcase my gown to it's utmost. Opinions?

Re: tattoos...can't make up my mind!

• If you are going to cover some, it makes sense to cover them all. I don't think you should cover them at all, everyone knows you have them right? I think you should leave them. :) 
  • I don't think you should cover them up, either... I think it is super sexy to show off your tats & look confident. Just put the focus on your hair, makeup & gown & go easy on the jewelry... you are already adorned! :) I'm sure you will be beautiful!
  • I wouldn't cover them at all. 

• Lady, I don't think you should cover any of them up.  It's you! I bet it looks awesome anyways.
  • Actually, instead of rings, my FH and I got tattoos (can't lose that down the drain!)

I wouldn't cover them.  He has a ton, but his will be covered by his tux.  Mine is on my shoulder and I'm specifically looking for a dress that will show it.  Live it up and let them show!
  • I would find THE dress, and see what ends up showing. I think you limit yourself too much by saying 'I'll only try dresses that show/cover my tattoos.'
  • Rock the tat's! They are part of who you are and your FI loves you for you. No sense in covering that up :-)
  • Since you have so many that cover a large area, I would leave them uncovered.

I only have one on the back of my neck and it's kind of low, and I want it covered by my hair. My dad doesn't know about it and neither does a lot of my family. They don't approve and they have certain stigmas regarding tattoos and that's fine. I know it's there and that's that. I got it for me and it's usually covered anyways because I have long thick hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my eyes, covering your tattoos on a day for yourself misrepresents who you are.  I understand the covering for job, and unprofessional thing, but this day is all about you and him.  If someone is offended by them, they can leave.

Rock em!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Leave 'em. The dress will show itself off anyways.
  • show um...... I have several also... they are part of you.....

PAL/TTCAL welcome

me and mikeLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/14lrdpj.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/j65vnd.jpg[/IMG]

This is our rainbow baby! Lincoln born July 23 at 37w6d

Pictures

• i'm debating this as well. i have a small one on my shoulder. i'm pretty sure the majority of my family has seen it by now... but i'm kind of thinking, just in case someone like my grandpa hasn't noticed it yet i don't really want him to? 

i'm probably going to have a shrug on that covers it (winter wedding) but im sure i'll take it off at some point. so thinking i might get tat makeup? 

well that's my input. didn't actually answer anything for you tho... lol sorry!

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • The only reason I think to cover them is if they are distorted and you are not happy with how they look or if you are getting married in a church and they have strict rules about tattoos. If that's the case, check with the church. I had to do this for my friends Roman Catholic wedding.

If you do have to cover up... My advice to you is to PRACTICE a few times first, (or have who ever WILL be covering them practice). Because the person who did mine just threw the makeup on and it looked TERRIBLE. I looked like I have a big grey blob on my shoulder blade. I still cringe when I see those pictures!
  • Let them show...they are part of you.
    I have one on my back and I am making sure that it shows...of course it is in memory of my father who passed away 2 1/2 years ago so it is extra special for me to have it show on my wedding day since he cannot be there in person.  Two of my three sisters also have tattoos in memory of my dad and they are BMs...we made sure they would show in the dresses I picked out for them.
    I am actually really looking forward to all of our tattoos showing on my wedding day...will make my dad feel like his is there that much more.

Marie
  • Be who you are.  If the grandparents don't like it your photographer can edit them away for a picture or 2.
  • just like several other posters have said : they are apart of who you are! Leave them uncovered, they arent taking away from your beauty!
  • I've been debating this as well.  I have one small tat on my shoulderblade (that I got for my daughter on her 6th birthday!) and who knows? By the time I get married next year I may have one or two more!

I'm leaning toward just letting them go...I chose to get them, and if people don't like or approve of them, they don't have to look! I'd advise the same to you. 

It's not like you're going to get them removed anyway, so what can anyone do about it? :)
  • UNCOVERED! I actually just touched up one of mine so it doesn't look so faded on the wedding day
  • mdg327mdg327 member
    First Comment
    Don't cover up your tats!  Show them off... :)  I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards