Michigan-Detroit

Morning after brunch - should it be our treat?

We thinking about inviting our OOT guests (and probably parents and bridal party if they want to come) to have brunch with us at the hotel the morning after our wedding, basically just as a way to say good bye to everyone at once.  The hotel offers an all you can eat buffet breakfast in the atrium area of the hotel.  They normally charge $12/pp for that, we negotiated a special rate of just $5/pp for our guests.  Would it be ok to just ask everyone to join us for brunch at a certain time (not sending actual invitations, just inviting via phone call or email), but everyone pays for their own brunch?  Or does it need to be our treat?  Not that it would be a ton of money (under $200 I think), but we're already over budget and not looking to add expenses at this point if we don't have to.

Re: Morning after brunch - should it be our treat?

• edited December 2011
    IMO if you're inviting everyone (like calling/emails saying Come Join Us) means you plan to pay. At least I would assume as a guest that's what you meant, unless you worded it more like "The hotel will offer a breakfast for our guests for $5, we plan to eat around 10 am feel free to stop in and grab a bite"

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

We worded it like Booger suggested and told people that we'd tryto be down there around 10:00.  We didn't invite everyone - just close friends and family - though word did spread a little bit. Both of our Mom's mentioned it to their friends,etc.  I think it worked out well.  Of the 70ish guests who spent the night I'd say 35 came down for breakfast and it was more open house style - not at a set time.  Because people were "in and out" it didn't feel as much like a set event.  I think you can pull it off - especially for that price.  Your parents can just spread the word that breakfast is only $5 at the hotel and that you and DH might make an appearance.

Sorry....I'm rambling.....

• sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's. I think if you 'invite' them, it's assumed that you're paying. If you just 'inform' them that there is a breakfast buffet offered for $5/pp and that you and FI (DH by then lol) will try to be down there around 10am, I think that implies more that it's an option and that the expense would be up to them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_morning-after-brunch-should-treat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:6f3cfe58-7bf9-42f6-857e-5be4c9e0e399Post:46181f4f-825c-4e1e-a5b1-56c4e891f88a">Re: Morning after brunch - should it be our treat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with pp's. I think if you 'invite' them, it's assumed that you're paying. If you just 'inform' them that there is a breakfast buffet offered for $5/pp and that you and FI (DH by then lol) will try to be down there around 10am, I think that implies more that it's an option and that the expense would be up to them.
    Posted by sunkissed212[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah.  This.  Exactly.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards