Iowa-Des Moines

Izaak Walton League

Has anyone been to a wedding / reception at the Des Moines Izaak Walton League and what were their opinions? My fiance is a member there and we are considering this as a contender for location in August.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Izaak Walton League

• medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen weddings there it is pretty, they do have the animal heads. I'm sure you've seen but they have the curtains to cover them up. I personally think it can be more of a fall theme wedding, but anything will work.

The outside doesn't have anything real special but you could rent an arch to do the trick if you wanted to have the ceremony there outside.

Plus they have amazing parking so that's nice
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    I was actually thinking of ceremony at Gray's Lake and then reception at Izaak Walton League. Eric is a member there and we've gone to dinner before their meetings before. *Also, the animal heads aren't that big of a deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool! We thought about having our ceremony there, but I'm not a big animal head person!

I think that'd be a great location for both, a short drive for your guests.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I think the animal heads would personally be awsome!!! But then I am a country loving type of girl and think it would be fun to make your decor rustic. That is what I did. I looked into the izaak league and was really interested in it but they were just too far from where we wanted to be. It would have been awsome to have our reception there though I think. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards