Ask Naomi anything in this post!

Re: ASK ME ANYTHING 6/25-7/1 - NAOMIKB

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Favorite food?

Favorite color?

Favorite holiday? 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Living with my H, on maternity leave from a forensics job with the government with our first baby.

Favorite food?
    Ketchup chips and sour keys.

Favorite color?
    Blue.  Our BM dresses were royal blue:

Favorite holiday?
    I love my birthday... but that's not a holiday.  I love Christmas with all our family together and my siblings coming back from where they are spread out across the world.

• edited June 2012
    What is your favorite book?
    What is your most embarrassing moment?
    What is something you are proud of?
    What is a bad habit you have?
    What is something quirky or unique about you?
    Things I love: my Bunnies, baking, books, and The Beatles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What are your hobbies or interests? 

Where do you live? (I know you've probably said this before, but my memory is going in my old age haha). 
  • How did you meet your FI?

How did he propose?

What was your favorite memory from your wedding?
    Things I love: my Bunnies, baking, books, and The Beatles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you have pets?  If yes, what kind?
    If you could be an animal, what kind would you be?
    Do you collect anything?  If so, what?  If not and you were forced to start a collection, what would you collect?
    Do you have plans for your 1st anniversary?
  • If time and money weren't an option, what's your dream vacation?
    Favourite store to shop in?
  • What is your favorite book?
    That is hard... I really loved the Time Traveller's Wife.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
    Pass?  Haha... that's a hard one!  I guess when I was watersliding at the waterpark and went down one of those really super tall steep water slides (the straight one, no bends) where you just cross your arms over your chest and lay back, and had a HUGE wedgie when I got to the bottom and had to figure out how to fix it before I got out of the little tiny area at the bottom.

What is something you are proud of?
    Getting into grad school and passing all my within-degree exams so far.  All that's left for my PhD is my thesis and defense!

What is a bad habit you have?
    I forget things.  A lot of things.  Does that count as a bad habit?  I need to have lists to keep me on track and prompt me otherwise I forget it.  It's gotten worse in the last few years.

What is something quirky or unique about you?
    I count lots of things... steps, shakes of my salad dressing bottle, seconds it takes me to get somewhere.

What are your hobbies or interests?
    I love soccer, I've played every summer since I was 5.  Also I love singing, I took voice lessons all through school and was in various choirs (children's choirs classical/churchy stuff, church choirs, jazz choirs).  Now I mostly sing at church on our worship team and do some solo work.

Where do you live?
    I live near Toronto in Canada.
  • How did you meet your FI?
    We met at a charity curling event, you paid your $25 and got to curl (they did a mini lesson at the start) and have dinner.  My group with my siblings and his group with his friends were the "young" people at the curling event so we played against each other and ate together.  We ended up having a dispute over the largest animal/mammal/fish in the world, which led to us exchanging email addresses (there was no smartphone searching on Wikipedia back then) and I discovered later that the whale shark is indeed a real animal.  Emailing and MSN chatting led to us getting together a few times in person to hang out and then we started dating.

How did he propose?

At home, with the ring and a stuffed bear under the guise of taking me out for dinner and giving me a gift for passing my PhD transfer exam.  Then I called my parents and we went out for dinner!

What was your favorite memory from your wedding?
    I loved walking down the aisle and seeing him at the front all nervous and happy and teary and knowing we were going to be married really soon!

Do you have pets?  If yes, what kind?
    Nope.  We aren't really pet people, we have no plans to get pets.

If you could be an animal, what kind would you be?
    A cheetah.  I could run really fast and live in hot sunny areas.

Do you collect anything?  If so, what?  If not and you were forced to start a collection, what would you collect?
    Not really.  I collected bugs for a while and pinned them onto boards, but it grossed out my H to have them in the freezer all the time.  I got rid of them last summer.  I also have a little collection of sailing related paraphernalia, sail boats and coins with sail boats and stuff on them.

Do you have plans for your 1st anniversary?
    When we booked our wedding we got a voucher for a free night at one of their sister resorts so I think we're going to use that to go away for one night.  I have decided to do a paper gift, but am still debating between the 52 Reasons I Love You cards and B-Pics.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    If time and money weren't an option, what's your dream vacation?
    The 2 places I want to go that I haven't been yet are South Africa and Greece.  We are planning a trip to South Africa for next spring, I am really excited!  My H has been before, so he knows already where he wants to take me which is great.  I also would love to do an Israel/Holy Land area trip.  I know lots of people have done it safely but I'm still concerned about safety so I'm not sure if that will ever happen.

Favourite store to shop in?
    Other than the grocery store?  I love food and creating fun new things.  I spend a lot of time in Old Navy, although I find their stuff is low quality I still end up giving in to the low prices.  I also really like Smart Set.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ask-me-anything-625-71-naomikb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7822d276-54da-4401-b943-df4699313c58Post:6a5fa380-affe-4208-8bbd-153eea5cb1a9">Re: ASK ME ANYTHING 6/25-7/1 - NAOMIKB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where do you live? I live near Toronto in Canada.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

I grew up about an hour from Toronto lol
    I'm down in the Windsor area now though. My family is still up there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ask-me-anything-625-71-naomikb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7822d276-54da-4401-b943-df4699313c58Post:40363d7a-8f68-4908-a9ec-68d43444af30">Re: ASK ME ANYTHING 6/25-7/1 - NAOMIKB</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you meet your FI? We met at a charity curling event, you paid your $25 and got to curl (they did a mini lesson at the start) and have dinner.  My group with my siblings and his group with his friends were the "young" people at the curling event so we played against each other and ate together.  We ended up having a dispute over the largest animal/mammal/fish in the world, which led to us exchanging email addresses (there was no smartphone searching on Wikipedia back then) and I discovered later that the whale shark is indeed a real animal.  Emailing and MSN chatting led to us getting together a few times in person to hang out and then we started dating. How did he propose? At home, with the ring and a stuffed bear under the guise of taking me out for dinner and giving me a gift for passing my PhD transfer exam.  Then I called my parents and we went out for dinner! What was your favorite memory from your wedding? I loved walking down the aisle and seeing him at the front all nervous and happy and teary and knowing we were going to be married really soon! Do you have pets?  If yes, what kind? Nope.  We aren't really pet people , we have no plans to get pets. If you could be an animal, what kind would you be? A cheetah.  I could run really fast and live in hot sunny areas. Do you collect anything?  If so, what?  If not and you were forced to start a collection, what would you collect? Not really.  I collected bugs for a while and pinned them onto boards, but it grossed out my H to have them in the freezer all the time.  I got rid of them last summer.  I also have a little collection of sailing related paraphernalia, sail boats and coins with sail boats and stuff on them. Do you have plans for your 1st anniversary? When we booked our wedding we got a voucher for a free night at one of their sister resorts so I think we're going to use that to go away for one night.  I have decided to do a paper gift, but <strong>am still debating between the 52 Reasons I Love You cards and B-Pics.</strong>
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

<div>I am making the 52 Reasons I Love You cards for my H for our anniversary! I'm excited! </div>
  • Fav Movie ?

Fav TV Show ?
    Love is All You Need
  • Fav Movie ?
    I would watch the Star Trek movies any day...  of course the newer Borg ones are my favourite.  The Little Mermaid is my favourite Disney movie.

Fav TV Show ?
    That is a tough one.  Arrested Development is incredible. Californication is hilarious and I love the new niche David Duchovny has made for himself after XFiles.  Criminal Minds and Person of Interest are my top crime shows right now.  Ally McBeal was my very favourite show in high school, I'd love to watch all the seasons all over again.

• What was your favorite thing about school (elementary through high school)?  Least favorite?

Have you ever read a book you really didn't like, but everyone else did?  what was it?

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  • favorite class in college you took?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lil Mermaid is my fav too ! my parents were trekkies... I didnt get into the movies too much but Voyager with the Borg is my fav series..
    Love is All You Need
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    What was your favorite thing about school (elementary through high school)?  Least favorite?
    Favourite thing - intramural sports/extracurriculars.  I was always really involved, student council and class rep and choirs and sports.  Least favourite - homework!

Have you ever read a book you really didn't like, but everyone else did?  what was it?
    I wasn't such a huge fan of The Shack.  It had some merit to it but I didn't think it lived up to all the hooplah.
    It took me a LONG time to get into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  If Mrs. Brist hadn't told
    me that it was worth it I would have given up after the first 10 pages, I didn't get why it was so fabulous!

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    If it has to sustain me for the rest of my life then I guess it has to be pretty wholesome... Chicken Caesar salad I think covers most of the bases!

favorite class in college you took?

Favourite class was forensic entomology -- we collected bugs, put dead rats out in a field and collected bugs from them daily and made diary entries about their decomposition and then wrote a fictional report at the end about how they "died" and how you calculated their time of death from the bugs.  My least favourite was organic chemistry.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ask-me-anything-625-71-naomikb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7822d276-54da-4401-b943-df4699313c58Post:6a5fa380-affe-4208-8bbd-153eea5cb1a9">Re: ASK ME ANYTHING 6/25-7/1 - NAOMIKB</a>:
    [QUOTE].<strong> Where do you live? I live near Toronto in Canada.
    </strong>Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

I'm about 2 hours away from Toronto!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards