July 2013 Weddings

SPLURGE!

What item did you really splurge on (or plan on splurging on) for your wedding? 

For us, it's for sure the honeymoon :)

Re: SPLURGE!

• We have been so fortunate to have so many peoeple willing to help! My biggest splurge has been my dress! 700 bucks! Thankfully my father covered that one.

I think the biggest thing we will splurge on will be food/drink or the wedding rings. Haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The food is a definite splurge for us.. as was my dress. Oh and we're also getting an ice cream truck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, I guess for the actual wedding, I would have to say food/drink is a big one for us too! 

I got really lucky and found a dress I LOVE that only cost me $299, so that left me some room for play!

• For me, it was the photographer. It was way more than I was expecting to spend, but I was willing to pay more to get what I want.
  • probably the food

• The highest cost item is our reception/afterparty, which is inclusive, but it is under budget. The highest over budget item is the church! I have always dreamed of stain glass windows.... IM now paying for it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • kerryberry13kerryberry13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    Wow, I'm proud of you girls who found beautiful dresses at such an affordable price!

My spulrges were my dress, my photographer/videographer, a photobooth and now I'm trying to convince FH & myself that I can afford a pair of Christian Louboutins under my dress. I can't afford them, but I'm kind of willing to make a lot of sacrifices over the next few months if I bought a pair that was wearable after the wedding. It's silly to spend so much on shoes, but after growing up poor it would be nice to have a ridiculous splurge that I worked hard for. I keep thinking about shoe picture opportunities lol. I also had a nightmare the other night in which I was running around barefoot on my wedding day because I never bought shoes and ran into a store to get a pair of ugly boots. lol

On budget was my catering hall, it's a package deal with everything.

Under budget (woo-hoo!) was my florist (best man's father), invitations (my aunt) & my DJ who was just a good deal.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kerry if its an option for you there was someone selling those shoes on the classified board not long ago.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The reception I guess. Open bar, sweets and fruit table are extras we want to give our guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Thanks, Getting2Vowels. I am going to be checking the classfieds. I just hope if I am going to make such a big purchase that they are actually real. Fingers crossed!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely catering is the splurge for me! Our photography and venue are exactly on budget, my dress was under and we got a good deal for photobooth and we're using Flip-a-hit for our video, which should be fun. We're still trying to work out the logistics with catering, it's such a nightmare to try to stay on budget, so we're making some cuts to make it work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_splurge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:660bf7b5-79e0-44c6-b124-e2ca8fd43367Post:b0ebb175-fa09-4d6d-84d5-877ac3fb0dc4">Re: SPLURGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Getting2Vowels. I am going to be checking the classfieds. I just hope if I am going to make such a big purchase that they are actually real. Fingers crossed!
    Posted by kerryberry13[/QUOTE]

Stalk down outlets and consignment shops/classifieds! I bought a few pairs of Louboutins recently at really discounted prices (even though I really shouldn't have!). Check out therealreal.com, it's a reputable consignment sale website and they have Loubs all of the time- new or in very good condition. They also just opened premium outlets nearby my house and I bought these (<a href="http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Christian-Louboutin-Volpi-Poppi-d-Orsay-Pump-Pumps/prod140880286/" rel="nofollow">click</a>) at the saks outlet for $390 out the door-they had a pair of ivory satin ones that I would definitely have gotten for the wedding if they had been in my size!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are splurging on too many things! LOL Our venue, a reception tent, our filmographer, and photographer are putting us wayyy over our original budget.

We're really trying to cut back in other areas though. We found a fairly inexpensive caterer, we're DIYing some of the flowers, and I'm (hopefully) buying my dress from someone on preownedweddingdresses.com for 1/2 the salon price.

Also crossing our fingers that we win the lotto between now and the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_splurge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:660bf7b5-79e0-44c6-b124-e2ca8fd43367Post:dc72386a-036b-439a-839c-f9d56a0c251a">Re: SPLURGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me, it was the photographer. It was way more than I was expecting to spend, but I was willing to pay more to get what I want.
    Posted by eas1223[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly. </div><div>
    </div><div>We are spending more on reception food than anything else, but I don't consider that a "splurge" since it's a necessity. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_splurge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:660bf7b5-79e0-44c6-b124-e2ca8fd43367Post:083ef0bf-2aeb-4674-a17b-524e749bab8f">Re: SPLURGE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are splurging on too many things! LOL
    Posted by MissKristenWed84403[/QUOTE]

Same with me - seems like we're at least 25% over on everything so far!  Our wedding is looking like the grand total will be closer to $13-14,000 than the original $10,000 budget.

Since we've got all the big ticket items already booked - we're hoping to save on our decorations, flowers, favors, and wedding party gifts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards