Honeymoon Discussions

SANDALS HONEYMOON!

My fiance and I will be going to a Sandals resort for our honeymoon. We are not sure which one though. I believe there are four - Bahamas, St. Lucia, Jamaica and another??? Anyway, any reviews or opinions on any of these would be much appreciated. We DO NOT want to go to a Beaches resort though for sure (Beaches is the family version of the Sandals resort chain). 

Re: SANDALS HONEYMOON!

• I 've been to Jamaica-Montego Bay.  It was amazing!! They upgraded our room and it was just a really fun trip.  But, it is the oldest property.  The people and atmosphere was amazing! We are are going to Sandals La Toc (St. Lucia) for our honeymoon.  I've heard that its absolutely fabulous!
  • There are four islands for sandals: St. Lucia which has 3 resorts, Jamaica which has 5 or 7 resorts counting beaches, Antigua which has 1 resort and Bahamas which has 2 resorts. Of those we have been to St. Lucia twice and stayed at the Grande, Jamaica once and stayed at Negril and Antigua once. I have reviews and pics from all in the link above my siggy pic. HTH and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
  • We went to Sandals Whitehouse and LOVED it.  All of the rooms are ocean front.  The beach is pretty much private.  There were no vendors or anything on the beach.  The resort is huge.  We would definitely go back there again.

For our honeymoon, we booked Sandals Grande Antigua.  We booked on the new side because the old side looks very dated and not worth the money.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • If you are interested in Jamaica I would highly recommend looking into the couples resort chain! Its adults only and all inclusive just like Sandals and at least for us it was a much lower price point and had absolutely amazing amenities!
  • We're going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon in october! There are 3 resorts there...we're staying at the Halycon (private quiet resort) for 3 days then 5 days at the Grande (best beach)....you have access to all 3 resorts amenities when there too.....

• Dh and I have been to the Royal Bahamian twice and Sandals Negril once.  We like the Bahamian the best.  
  • We are staying at La Toc in July, there were awesome reviews so we booked it!!
  • We went to the Royal Bahamian and LOVED it!  They have their own little island that we really enjoyed going to.The staff was extremely friendly and the service was great. I highly recommend it!
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've done La Toc in St. Lucia, Royal Plantation, Grande Riviera, and Whitehouse in Jamaica, and Emerald Bay in the Bahamas.  They were all really great but all really different.  It resort has a different vibe, so work to find which one encompasses everything you want to do on and off the resort.  We've always kind of had an idea of our vacation in mind, and then have worked with our travel agent to figure out what resorts (Sandals or not) would be a good match. (I had heard to always book Sandals through a travel agent since they can get the same price and you get better upgrades at the resort-- we've found this to be true, but have nothing to compare it to otherwise.  If you want our TA's info (she's pretty much all online), shoot me a PM. )

(We did Beaches Turks when we were pregnant.  It is not a honeymoon resort.  Great for pregnant women with all the ice cream and cookies- and diving for my husband, but very different from a romantic Sandals.)

Secrets and El Dorados in Mexico are also really nice.  It isn't exactly the Caribbean, but you get a lot more for your money in Mexico. 

Hope that helps!
  • We are staying at the Sandals La Toc in October!! We can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• I stayed at La Toc.  We stayed in the 1 bedroom 2 story villa with the private pool.

I have a review and pics in my bio.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Thanks everyone!!! I am also wondering about price if you don't mind me asking. About what can we expect to pay? What did you pay, for how long and what type of room?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards