Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

searching for a great bakery

My FI and I will be serving carrot cake and probably chocolate to appease my mom's love of chocolate at the wedding. Any suggestions for a bakery that makes a delicious carrot cake? I'm pretty particular when it comes to my carrot cake, and surprisingly, Giant Eagle is at the top of the list so far.

Re: searching for a great bakery

• Oakmont Bakery or Priory Fine Pastries. It won't be cheap, but you will not be dissapointed :) 
  • where are you located? my husband and i used Grandmas Country Oven Bake Shoppe in Harrison City and the chocolate was DELICIOUS. I know they have carrot cake too and they are super reasonalbe price wise. Not nearly as much as Oakmont or Moios or any of those
  • We are right in the city, on southside, and our wedding is going to be in the strip district. Harrison City isn't terribly far, so I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Atria's Restaurant makes an awesome carrot cake. I don't know if you can buy one from them or if they only sell it by the slice.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Also, if you have an Aladdins near you, they have an amazing dessert selection.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Check out Potomac Bakery, their prices were excellent and their cakes were really good!! I'm not sure about their carrot cake, but you could see what they can do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • if you want the information for grandma's let me know!
  • Signature Deserts on route 88 is awesome and affordable!!!!
    Got my little men 2/23/08 and 8/29/10!! 2 little monsters I tell you!
  • For carrot cake, there's a diner called Drew's in Forest Hills that also has a bakery.  I haven't been there in years, so I can't promise the recipe hasn't changed, but it was my dad's favorite while I was growing up (and carrot cake is his favorite).  They also do delicious corned beef hash and milkshakes if you choose to make a morning of the trip to the "bakery" :P
  • Ladies, thank you for all of the wonderful suggestions. Thanks to the internet, I was able to find information on all of the bakeries. Let the tastings begin! Betsy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards