Snarky Brides

How often do you fight?

2»

Re: How often do you fight?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b3369d1-efd6-4e29-b191-db2249b64733Post:a6c7c9b2-5991-4bf3-b3af-4df0f60c05f1">Re: How often do you fight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scott has yelled maybe once or twice in 8 years, and it's not even really yelling.  He cries like 80% of the time though.  Have to admit, it drives me fucking nuts.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Ha, that's me in our relationship, but with everything. Our first huge fight he wasn't there to deal with it (LDR still) but the second upset we had he didn't know what to do. It was also the first time he discovered that I'm, what I call, leaky. Once I start crying it takes a while for the tears to stop, even if I'm emotionally fine again.
  • We never threaten to leave (anymore).  That used to come up when we were long distance, but once we moved in, we agreed that it could not be an idle threat.  If you say it, you need to mean it, is our motto.  Otherwise, it's too easy to threaten the other person and then have trust issues (for us, anyway).

But, we are both yellers.  We try to talk rationally and have gotten better about walking away and taking a breather before resuming, but we often get loud.  We get loud when we're excited, too, though, so it's just in our nature.
  • How often do you and your s/o fight, especially early on in the relationship? rarely

Were they over major issues (employment, ambition, finances) or over stupid stuff ( the color of the carpet, not calling on time, etc).   It's usually I get crabby and snap at him because I'm stressed out and miss him.
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7b3369d1-efd6-4e29-b191-db2249b64733Post:1672ef6c-d216-4282-91a1-d540ccf3b7ea">Re: How often do you fight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How often do you fight? : I feel bad for your neighbors ;)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    Ha!  That literally made me laugh out loud and then FI wanted to know what was so funny. 
  • When we first moved in together we argued all the time.  We had both been on our own for so long that it was a rough adjustment.  Now, three years later, we don't argue too often and when we do it is usually little stuff.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • dh and I have only had one really major blowout in the eight years we've been together, and it was my fault.  I was really, really depressed and pushing him away and tried to break up with him so he wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.  There's a lot more to it, but obviously we're still together. 

Most of the time, we rarely fight.  We'll bicker, especially when I'm tired or cranky.  We don't yell, bc he won't engage me when I'm yelling.  Drives me nuts.  I just want to get it all out, and he stews over things.  And when we do fight, it's almost always over something stupid.  Always. 
    Visit The Nest!

My Planning Bio Married Bio

I'm not a newb, aka swim1011
  • My FI have had a rough patch here or there over our 7 yrs together, one so bad that we split up for like a week lol. It sucked b/c we were living together already so it was really awkward and painful. But I was determined to work things out and we did. We scream sometimes, mostly her b/c she's a loud mouth Italian, and say some nasty things to each other from time to time. We're a volatile couple I guess. We bicker about stupid shiit too. BUT we're also both women and both get PMS so yeah, that's a big factor. Anytime you girls have ever had relationship woes and said "ugh it would be so much easier to be a lesbian!" - it's not, trust me. ;)

Photobucket
  • I voted for 'its a rare thing' We don't fight much at all, especially not to the degree of ending it all, or even just crying. We argue, but it normally ends pretty fast. H is much more calmer than I am and he tends to keep me in check too.  
    Anniversary
  • We have been fighting pretty often lately. Right now it all stems from money issues, because he was cut down to part time in July, and still doesn't have even another part time job, while I'm holding down two jobs, and I still make less than he does. From that, there are a few other things that all feed together and make me really stressed out and angry a lot of the time, and we end up having a big blowout fight probably every other week or so, but always about the same thing, and it never seems to get solved.

Before this, the only time we really ever fought was about 3 or 4 years ago, where we were both living at home with our parents, an hour apart. He hadn't visited me in over 9 months, and wouldn't ever tell me he wouldn't to see me or invite me over or anything. We fought every single day for probably a month. And it was all over the internet because he didn't like talking on the phone at the time. It sucked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards