Florida-North Florida

Makeup! Jacksonville/St Aug

Jacksonville/Saint Augustine ladies:
Who are you using for makeup?! I was looking into Artistry by Erin but I wanted to see who you ladies recommend and are using! TIA!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Makeup! Jacksonville/St Aug

• edited December 2011
    I am using Simply Make Up - I met them at a Black FInn Bridal Event - I really like them and they were the most affordable. I was willing to spend extra on myself but my bridesmaids had limits - and I couldn't see them spending $70-80 on a half up do which is what I kept being quoted by everyone. My bridesmaids were planning to go to different places on their own - now everyone can get ready together since it's in all of our budgets. Also, they do airbursh make up (which everyone always posts about!) on the bride automatically. I also liked that they included the flower girls in the fun for free :)

• edited December 2011
    I did talk to Artistry by Erin and I did like her and her work I saw online :) Her new partner doing hair was a bit pricey for me and I thought about using Erin and finding a different hair lady but since I liked Simply Makeup and they offered both affordably i went with them.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Dillard's, the bride and I (a BM) went to Clinique, the MOH went to Lancome and the other BM went to Estee Lauder. They did our make-up for free but we all bought some products for touch-ups. I think the most that was spent was $150 but she bought a lot for personal use outside of the wedding. It was a lot of fun and the makeup ladies were very professional.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, I don't need hair just makeup. She seems reasonable but I'll check out who you recommended. Thanks!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011

I am considering Stephanie Mazzeo. She does airbrushing for no extra cost and no travel fee. Fast response to my emails too!

• edited December 2011
    I hired Kimtasha Armstrong for my wedding.  She's on the pricey side because she's one of the most popular makeup artistis in Jax, but I thought she was worth the money.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_makeup-jacksonvillest-aug?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:3620abfb-24c3-4b84-950a-56bae1d57a6dPost:8812d8d4-bcbe-4e4f-9593-69e46d1166a7">Re: Makeup! Jacksonville/St Aug</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hired Kimtasha Armstrong for my wedding.  She's on the pricey side because she's one of the most popular makeup artistis in Jax, but I thought she was worth the money.
    Posted by KappaUCF20[/QUOTE]

I remember when I first got engaged I looked at your bio and saw Kimtasha. I thought about using her. She traveled to St. Aug right? Was it extra for her travel?
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm late. She did come to our hotel room in St. Aug, but I honestly don't remember if she charged extra for that or not.  Most vendors do seem to charge extra for traveling though to cover their cost of gas, etc. so I wouldn't be surprised if she did.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards