Nevada-Las Vegas

Meet and Greet locations?

We had originally planned on using Burger Bar for our Meet and Greet the night before the wedding---there would be 25 of us total if everyone decided to come. We wanted to open the invitation to have everyone join us, but we didn't want to pick up the tab.

It just dawned us last week that it will be really hard to get that many people in the same "section" of Burger Bar without reserving a room---at which point, we'd have to pay, because they don't allow a check to be split up. We're not really in the position to pay for 25 meals--as it'd run us upwards of $700.

Do you guys have any suggestions for an alternative location? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meet and Greet locations?

• edited December 2011
    Good question! Most of our guests are staying at Harrah's so we were just going to do a meet & greet at Toby Keith's...drinks & apps. From there, we would hit up the Piano Bar & Carnival Court. Just winging it. We'll have about 25 people as well.
  • edited December 2011
    For my friends wedding we all just met up at one central location, The Bar At Time Square in NYNY and then went to ESPN Zone. Granted we had a smaller group of about 15 (??) but I think if you just wing it and let everyone one know where to meet you will be ok. Because with the size group you have the restaurants will want to slam you with the room fees, and the tab, so it might be better to not have reservations.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
     We are having our meet & greet at the west wing bar at the MGM for cocktails for 2 hours the night before the wedding.There will be about 40-50 people  but we aren't reserving an area because we would of had to pay a deposit and we are just going to take the chance that there's an area for us all to hang out.
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    General consensus is it may just be more worth it to show up and hope for the best?

We've already let everyone know they're welcome to join us, so this may be out best bet!! Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My plan is to have everyone meet up at the buffet at Mandalay Bay because most of our guests aret staying there. Then, it is just drinks and gambling wherever the night takes us. So I guess no plan is my plan :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards