New York-Upstate

Lake George Baking Company - reviews?

I am planning a wedding in Lake George next September, and have started browsing for bakeries (too much Bravo TV)... my venue has the Lake George Baking Company on his vendor list, and after checking out their website, I realized it's the former owners of the Vanilla Bean cafe/bakeries in Latham and Troy. Has anyone had any experiences - good or bad - they could share?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lake George Baking Company - reviews?

• edited December 2011
    We're using her (Debbie, the owner) for our October 16th wedding in Lake Placid. 

She was recommended to use by a local wedding planner (Debbie McNairy). 

So far, so good. We tasted cakes about a year ago (i live very far away...... and dont get there that much) and chose a pumkin cake with chocolate ganache filling. 

She has repeatedly told us that we are all set, and i know she has our topper and all the information correct, but has a policy where she doesnt really "deal with clients" until about a week before the wedding. So if you need a lot of contact and attention then maybe she isnt the one for you. But I think we'll be fine. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LizzieD0328LizzieD0328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the Lake George Region and have pasted the store many times since she opened.  All I can say is that it always smells really good and the cakes in the window are beautiful!  Good Luck, we haven't started searching for a Bakery yet.

Also, another idea is the Chocolate Mill in Glens Falls.  They opened up about one to two years ago and they are WONDERFUL.  I've had their breakfast and lunches before, but the desserts there are always my favorite.  The cakes they have are always breathtaking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards