Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Cakes-- what do they cost?

Hi, our venue includes our cake, so I was wondering-- what do places charge for cakes? price range is fine. What's high, middle, and low ranges that you've seen?

Also, could you share standard "upsells?"

Re: Cakes-- what do they cost?

• My venue included the cake as well but it barely included anything. If you want anything other than buttercream icing there will be an up charge. We had to pay an extra $300 for fondant!
  • My venue includes the cake as well.  We went in with a design in mind and there was no upgrade for our cake.  I think it depends on what you want and what your particular venue offers. 

TBH, I think fondant is a standard upgrade as it is WAY expensive normally.  Gum paste flowers (edible) I think would be a standard upgrade.  Not sure about anything else.

Who is the baker for your venue?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My venue also includes the cake.  We haven't met with the bakery yet, but they did inform us that if we want a gourmet cake flavor (anything other than traditional pound) it will be $0.75 per serving.  I believe that's our only upgrade charge unless we pick a super complicated design.
  • I'm using Masters Baker in West Chester and they are $3.50 per person. 4 tier cake with a different flavor cake in each tier. I had a tasting there and it was amazzzzing!
    =)

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_cakes-what-do-they-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2cc23e22-1e0b-42c4-ab18-ba4f0e629559Post:985871f1-2fbd-429b-b7d4-f45d03826121">Cakes-- what do they cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, our venue includes our cake, so I was wondering-- what do places charge for cakes? price range is fine. What's high, middle, and low ranges that you've seen? Also, could you share standard "upsells?"
    Posted by ccb150[/QUOTE]

It depends on the bakery. We used Stock's bakery, had a 4 tier cake that fed 175-200 people - cost $200 I think. We looked at another Bakery in Warminster that quoted us around $1000.
  • We used Anne's Cake Pan. My cake fed about 150-175 people.Its was about $800-$850.00. I cant remember exactly.
    It was soooo good.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We can choose between Ann's Cake Pan and Ciao Bella.

I had the impression from my venue that our package included any design we wanted, but both have mentioned upcharges. I guess I need to circle back to my venue because the designs they showed us were more detailed.

They do have more variety with cake flavors in our package.

Teep, my fiance looooves stocks. I was actually thinking about surprising him with a little groom's cake from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards