Massachusetts-Boston

Photo ID for marriage license in MA?!?!

Hi Ladies,
I need your help...my FI just recently lost his wallet and we were going to be getting our marriage license this week for my August wedding. So he has no photo ID at the moment. (birth certificate yes and social security card) I have been stressing it that he needs to order a new license and wait for it to come and then we'll have to go until I read on here that a couple of different people said they didn't even ask for a photo ID... is this true?!?!

Re: Photo ID for marriage license in MA?!?!

• I've never read that you need one, but I can't be positive about that. Maybe try calling your city clerk's office to find out - they'll be able to tell you what you need. He should probably order a new one anyway, but at least if you find out it's not necessary you won't have to wait for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to Winchester, MA to get ours.  Neither of us had to show anything.  Just fill out the forms and swear it was true. 
  • We didn't have to show any ID for our marriage certificate in March in Norton, MA. I think you should be fine.
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurin1227laurin1227 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_photo-id-for-marriage-license-in-ma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:144338b0-6281-40ac-af49-feb408834e32Post:9c8e1f9e-bb0a-4b01-a0b3-eb646caa5734">Re: Photo ID for marriage license in MA?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never read that you need one, but I can't be positive about that. Maybe try calling your city clerk's office to find out - they'll be able to tell you what you need. He should probably order a new one anyway, but at least if you find out it's not necessary you won't have to wait for it.
    Posted by Joanna2385[/QUOTE]

Oh he is definitely ordering a new one first tihing in the AM it was just more that I don't want to put off the license... starting to get overwhelmed with all we have to do and I am determined to get a lot of checks done this week! So hopefully we can relax the week before the wedding. :o)
  • We had to show our ID's. I recommend getting a replacement, I am sure a paper temporary would be fine.

P.S. I was on top of my game with all of my checks and didn't start relaxing till about an hour into the reception. Good luck...enjoy it, it goes by so quickly!
  • We just applied for our license last week and they didnt even ask to see our IDs!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All the websites say that you need to have one, but we weren't asked for ours.  A passport might work though just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards