New York-Long Island

Winter wedding colors

Hi ladies,
I am getting married next January and I am having trouble coming up with a color scheme for a winter wedding. I was thinking gold for my bridesmaid dresses but my FH was thinking silver for his groomsmen. Can we combine the two. What are your thoughts?

Re: Winter wedding colors

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't love the whole two-tone thing.  I don't like it in jewelry either.  However, this IS one of the few places in your wedding where you can do what you please, because it's not offending anyone.  I'd rather you take gold or silver and pair it with a color.  We did sky blue and gold.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can definitely use silver and gold together (especially with an accent color). It just takes a little imagination and thinking outside the typically colors. Check out this website for inspiration http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/.

Here are a few pictures I pulled from the site:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think you would be able to do it, however you would have to make sure you don' thave a million tones of the same color. Perhaps you'd like to mix the gold and/or silver with a wine color. I think that would be really pretty.

Google wedding inspiration boards to help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE silver & gold together as the accent colors with a third bold color like a deep purple or deep red!  Keep looking at blogs and magazines for inspiration!  : ) Happy planning! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards