North Carolina-Outer Banks

Rendezvous Anyone? : )

Hi Ladies I was just wondering if anyone had recently gotten married at this house and had any advice or pictures to share.  We were thinking about it, but are torn between this one and another house which we could only get for April.  Heck any advice about doing this kinda thing would help :)
Thanks Ladies and Best Wishes to everyone!

Re: Rendezvous Anyone? : )

• edited December 2011
    Where is it?
  • delilahjzdelilahjz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is ocean front in Corolla... I believe it is one of Twiddy Realty's Houses!
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Rendezvous on April 28th!  It was a perfect wedding house!!  If you find my post from early May, I gave the details of a couple housekeeping issues we had to follow up on with Twiddy, but in terms of layout and size and everything, it was absolutely perfect!!  We ended up needing to implement our rain plan, so we had everything set up inside... but I'm happy to share pics if you want...
  • lindsy310lindsy310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dwfangirl- i would love some pics too if you dont mind sharing- my email is Lmurphy310 at gmail.com..
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here are a few... first one is the third floor set up for the reception, then the first floor during the reception with DJ and cocktail tables set up, then pic of me pre-ceremony at the bay windows on the first floor (where the DJ would later set up - you can get some great photos there), then pic of me on the 3rd floor balcony pre-ceremony.  enjoy!  let me know if you have any specific layout questions - happy to help!  :)

• edited December 2011
    thanks for sharing dwfangirl!! Im getting married at redezvous in september! Sorry you had to go with the Plan B! What were your colors? It looks like slate blue or gray? Also, where did you put all the furniture?!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha... the furniture shuffle was interesting!!  We put some in the carriage house on the first floor, and the couches on the 3rd floor we just pushed against the fireplace and window walls... it was definitely creative and bigtime kudos to the boys staying in the house for doing all the heavy lifting - literally!  :)

Our colors were yellow and gray.  

I spent about an hour being bummed about Plan B, but honestly, your wedding day is so amazing, there is very little that can break your stride.  I would have been really, really upset if we didn't get our pics on the beach after the ceremony, but mother nature held out just long enough!  And, the house is really gorgeous.  I'm not sure what we would have done if we had 100 people, but with 45, it was absolutely fine.  A little tricky having the reception split between two floors... people lingered upstairs longer than I expected, so dancing didn't kick in until further into the reception than I had thought, but again, I was SO not worried about logistics once I was in the moment.  As long as people were having a good time, which by all accounts they were, I didn't care what happened when.  One HUGE advantage of having your reception at a house is no exact end time.  The DJ stopped playing at 9:30 but we just flipped the iPod on from there and the party kept going until at least 12.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice, and might I say even from the back you looked gorgeous!!  I am from Africa and it is huge blessing on your marriage and your future family to have rain on your wedding day... so I am glad you felt and were so blessed.
    You dont happen have any measurements of anything do you?  Also I was concerned about the whole DJ thing... are they allowed to play outside? And whom may I ask did you use and were you happy with them?
    Thank you again for the advise and I hope you dont mind me picking your brain!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  :)  And I'm happy to give advice - the girls on this board helped me a TON, so I am glad to return the favor!  

I don't have any measurements.  Twiddy probably does.  The DJ is absolutely allowed to play outside.  I don't remember if there is a noise restriction in Corolla, but we were always planning on having him play only until 9:00/9:30 so we knew it wouldn't be an issue (I think the earliest noise ordinances start at 10 or 11).  

We worked with Matt Cooper (Outer Banks Music Masters) - and he was great.  Very laid back, played great music, and was really flexible with the whole weather thing.  He ended up flipping the speakers outside at the end of the reception once it had stopped raining, so we were able to dance for a good 1/2 hour or more outside.  If we had the whole reception outside, he was going to set up on the north side of the 2nd floor deck.  He has DJ'ed there more than once so he is really familiar with the layout and will give you options I'm sure.  (Most of the popular OBX DJs have worked a wedding at Rendezvous - it is rightfully very popular with brides.)

Good luck!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies I am getting married there at the end of October!  Thank you for the info about the DJ playing on the 2nd floor deck--weather permitting I was hoping that was the set up! 

How did parking work? I keep hearing there is none on the road so we have a shuttle etc but still hoping a few cars fit..

Delilajjz--Twiddy has been awesome on getting measurements....I am just waiting now on the "deck to back trees" measurement for white lights...the guy at OAR Event rentals said that is a must as it will get really dark back there.

Anyone know how dancing aroudn the pool worked? We have a bigger wedding size so I am hoping people will fit!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lappke.... is there anyway you could send me the measurements they have given you so far?  I know that is alot to ask, but if you had time I would certainly appreciate it.
    delilahjz@hotmail.com
    From what I saw deck to back tree could be kinda far... I was possibly going to do what I did for a friends wedding and buy bamboo poles and string lights with those.  Time for the engineer in me to come out ( hard as I am not an engineer, but both brothers are :)
  • We are looking at this home for our wedding next year and I was wondering if I could get information from all of the previous responses on here......thank would great!! and very helpful!! Pictures, mesurements, anything any of you would like to share.

Thank you, Kim

tandkwedding2013@gmail.com
  • lbb135lbb135 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I am considering the Rendezvous for our September 2013 wedding.  Any additional info or photos would be appreciated!  

lbb135@gmail.com  

Thanks!!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards