Wedding Etiquette Forum

TELL ME ABOUT A TIME A CHILD RUINED YOUR WEDDING!!!

Re: TELL ME ABOUT A TIME A CHILD RUINED YOUR WEDDING!!!

• Missy!  I've been watching these birds all day! I'm ready to see the babies!
  • I know! Me too!

And for the record, if people are dead set against kids at a wedding, wonder if you could bring your dog?

He's very well behaved.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Well, ladies, I'm out of here. Ya'll have a great weekend!
  • Oh no worries...Thunderbucket & I took a picture together. I'll post it once I get home :)
  • OMG Thunderbucket...WE ARE REAL!! SWEET!
  • We weren't going to back down ;) Thanks for finally letting up a little! ;)
  • And peace has been restored.  Thank goodness this day is coming to an end.
  • LDY, you would've had to have thrown an open ring frisbee instead of a garter or bouquet. He flips it over his neck.

Although, come to think of it, he might have liked the bouquet, as long as you didn't want it back. He's been known to destroy flowers.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited April 2011
    I'm only half way through the thread.  I just wanted to say that when my videographer showed me the most recent wedding he shot, there were children there.  He doesn't edit the ceremony and there was a child crying.  He mentioned that the bride was very frustrated and upset.

I don't think the word ruined is appropriate, but I know I would be pissed.  For whatever reason some parents don't step out when their children are crying.  

I'm having an adult only wedding (well the cutoff is 13) for a couple of reasons.  If we invited children, our list would go up by at least 40.  My venue charges half price for children.  I don't need to be paying $40 a child for children to eat.  We're not wealthy and I would never pay that to feed a child.  
  • Awwww - you guys are adorable! 
  • Hahaha...thanks? That's not in *sarcasm font* is it? ;)
  • Ok this has turned hilarious!

I like it when newbs can have a sense of humor.
  • No, I promise it's not.  And it's not even an April Fool's joke either.  swear. 

You guys handle yourself well.  Lets call it a haze and move on?  Join our parts more often.  :) 
  • Sarcasm font looks more like comic sans.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll accept this as a haze :) I'll be visiting this site more often! Under my own name of course... ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-time-child-ruined-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0b0955a-7390-4f72-b02c-cb18904dffeaPost:b9c3d629-e68e-4a7a-88e9-9f265574815e">Re: TELL ME ABOUT A TIME A CHILD RUINED YOUR WEDDING!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll accept this as a haze :) I'll be visiting this site more often! Under my own name of course... ;)
    Posted by bkel131[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • I like newbs who can hack it. I sure couldn't. However, I would have really preferred for y'all to have used orange highlighter instead of blue. Work on that for me next time, will ya? (can you spot the sarcasm font?)
  • I've seen kids running around yelling during ceremonies and during speeches at the reception.  It was so rude and I just felt horrible for the bride and for the speaker.   It made my blood boil that the parents weren't grabbing those kids and taking them outside.  I may designate someone to do just that if any kid gets out of control during my ceremony or speeches.   There is just no reason for nonsense like that, and it really does ruin it for everyone when someone is getting interrupted while talking and/or starts to lose their train of thought when they are standing up in front of everyone.   I wish I didn;'t have to invite kids at all.   I don't want them there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_sending-invites-before-april-17th?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1018d8f7-a552-4c66-afdc-65858efa3605Post:f57736f7-dfdb-4d44-a948-43501c8fb233">Re: Sending Invites before April 17th?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reported for what?  Clicking on your post history?  The magnifying glass shows me where you've posted, it's not like it's a secret or anything.
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]
    And for what purpose are you looking at what else I've posted?? Give me a break.
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-time-child-ruined-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0b0955a-7390-4f72-b02c-cb18904dffeaPost:a64fa6c7-90ab-4492-8995-50dc10ae8f96">Re: TELL ME ABOUT A TIME A CHILD RUINED YOUR WEDDING!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen kids running around yelling during ceremonies and during speeches at the reception.  It was so rude and I just felt horrible for the bride and for the speaker.   It made my blood boil that the parents weren't grabbing those kids and taking them outside. <strong> I may designate someone to do just that if any kid gets out of control during my ceremony or speeches.   There is just no reason for nonsense like that, and it really does ruin it for everyone when someone is getting interrupted while talking and/or starts to lose their train of thought when they are standing up in front of everyone.   I wish I didn;'t have to invite kids at all.</strong>   I don't want them there.
    Posted by lindsay5432[/QUOTE]

<em><strong>Awesome. A kid's bouncer</strong></em>. I've heard it all today. And I think one of my eyeballs just froze in the down position while they rolled. My mom warned me about that.
    PS - Bold plus italics = sarcasm font.
  • When my son was 20 months old my sister thought he and his 18 month old girl cousin would make an adorable FG and RG.  At first both refused to go down the aisle, then the FG started, then my son, then he started crying, then she started crying, then they both ran to the parents at the front of the church.  Total ruination of the entire wedding!  None of us could stop laughing, that is not how a wedding should go.  :^)

15 yrs later I'm wondering if there will be a repeat of this when I get remarried and he walks me down the aisle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tell-time-child-ruined-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0b0955a-7390-4f72-b02c-cb18904dffeaPost:1cd7e423-1231-467a-a070-9ba4b5a34e14">Re: TELL ME ABOUT A TIME A CHILD RUINED YOUR WEDDING!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!
    Posted by Thunderbucket[/QUOTE]
    dude. awesome. you chicks are cute.
  • Lala, you flirt.
  • My mom is so worried about how my 20 month old niece will make it down the aisle. I'm like dude, she'll get down it somehow! No use worrying about something that will be 2 minutes of the entire day!
  • Hire a kid bouncer, obviously, Birdie. ;)
  • My sister had wasps get stuck up her dress at my dad and stepmothers wedding 16 years ago. Right in the middle of it they had to strip off her dress and try and get all the wasps out. Their wedding was at a woodsy park under a white pavilion tent is what i think its called. And then at the reception, the adults left us to entertain ourselves. My step-sister, my sister and I  found frogs swarming by the creek and decided to bring them back to the reception tent and show them off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards