Nevada-Las Vegas

Reception Food

Hi everyone, I was wondering what type of food will you have or had at your wedding reception and or dinner?  TIA...

Re: Reception Food

• xtanne12386xtanne12386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked a private room at a buffet ( wicked spoon ) so everyone can choose...less hassle!
  • germesehgermeseh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like fun...how much is the rental for the room at wicked spoon
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are selecting heavy hot and cold appetizers from the House of Blues menu options.  We are having a cocktail style reception rather than a plated dinner. (Our ceremony isnt until 7 pm.)
  • edited December 2011
    We were at the Platinum.
    Apps:
    -Tomato and Mozzarella Crostini with Basil & Virgin Olive Oil -Smoked Salmon Mousse on Blini with Dill and Crème Fraiche
    -Artisan cheese display

Dinner choices: (plated)-Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Roasted Vegetable Medley in Puff Pastry with a  Tomato Coulis -Chicken breast with Thyme Scented Chicken Jus -Charbroiled Salmon with Roasted Pepper Coulis
  • edited December 2011
    Even though Italian is NOT my cuisine of choice, I know it's something everyone likes.

We're doing the 5-course menu at Maggiano's.  I made sure we had one veg option and one beef for the pasta course, plus one chicken and fish for the entree.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reception-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7abbabfe-f941-41db-8df5-27f8fc7762bfPost:72425766-ab37-428e-b69a-8387c14b3ff9">Reception Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I was wondering what type of food will you have or had at your wedding reception and or dinner?  TIA...
    Posted by germeseh[/QUOTE]

During cocktail hour we had trays of hors d'oeuvres with chicken satay, beef sliders, duck spring rolls, seared tuna and shrimp cocktail.  For the reception we had a mixed greens salad, then guests had a choice of entres where both included cod brandade and then either filet mignon or roasted chicken.  Gotta give credit to Mix, the cod was incredible and even guests who don't like fish ended up eating it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my bio as well:

Hors d'oeuvres:
                   Crab puffs
                   Seared ahi tuna on wonton chip
                   Filet mignon with mustard cream
                   Assorted bruschetta
                   International cheese board
    Soup Course:
                    Lobster Bisque
    Salad Course:
                    Romaine with avocado, Roquefort, bacon, tomatoes,cucumbers and a lemon herb dressing
    Main Course:
                   Both entrées are served with the chef’s selected vegetable.
    Choice of
                   Char-Grilled Delmonico Steak served with shallot and chive compound butter and roasted new potatoes
                   or
                   Herb-Crusted Sea Bass served with a roasted tomato ragout and  saffron rice pilaf
    Dessert Course:
                   Vanilla crème brûlée
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards