Wedding Etiquette Forum

Dumb argument

2»

Re: Dumb argument

• The exH seriously bought into that. He was an idiot. Believed all kinds of shiit about JFK/Marilyn Monroe/Cuban government/RFK/etc. All because he talked to a dude in a hot tub in TX who supposedly drew - from memory - the autopsy photos of JFK.

He was a tool. And an idiot. Still is, according to FB.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Yeah it's way out there! :) I picked that dorm because when my brother went to Purdue back in the 90's he said Harrison and McCutcheon were "the place to be." Apparently not so much by 2002! It was nice being in a dorm with 80% guys though...

I was a Liberal Arts student but went to Purdue in case I wanted to switch majors. I knew there would be something math/science related for me there. I wanted to go into meterology before I realized how much Physics annoyed me.
  • Librarian- you fly!!! :)

aggie- I hear you. The more he went at it tonight, the more I got the sense he was jumping the bandwagon solely because he knows it irritates people. But you're right, he kept telling me "prove it!" Sorry, I lost my moon rock somewhere between my third and fourth move in college. Ugh.
  • I also have a go ugly early shirt... :)
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • This old man right here? He walked on the moon. Says his fist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4

Also, some fascinating facts:
    http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html
  • MattsP- actually probably not, he only teaches the occasional grad-level course now. But I guess we'll never know ;)

andy- BAMF=Bad-Ass Mother-F*cker; see also: Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bad A$$ Mother Fuucker :)

MP - yeah it was a hike! I lived right next to campus for the rest of my stay at Purdue so I was spoiled after that.

I only went to Harry's my senior year, and that was still few and far between. I feel like there was a select few who went there for undergrad and then the rest were grad students and alums. I mostly stuck to Jakes, Brothers, and Stacks (on Thursdays).
  • sclams - love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm about to go to bed too. Night guys!
  • AK , I probably could too. I guess I'm part of a conspiracy.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dumb-argument?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a937f6a0-ce38-412c-8671-81ec5e57c6afPost:1285f8a4-17e2-48d6-8408-e6708d4c070f">Re: Dumb argument</a>:
    [QUOTE]AK , I probably could too. I guess I'm part of a conspiracy.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Haha I'll bet your exH looked every time you told him the word "gullible" was written on the ceiling.
  • Watching the new Hawaii Five-O, cautiously optimistic, might come back afterwards.

But if I don't, goodnight everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dumb-argument?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a937f6a0-ce38-412c-8671-81ec5e57c6afPost:b566ac64-7878-43d1-b50a-0f90dc846b6b">Re: Dumb argument</a>:
    [QUOTE]sclams and squirrly I totally agree with both of you. But I guess H is going to believe what he wants. That's OK. I'm a firm believer that you can balance eggs on flat surfaces on the equinox. Some people think I'm nuts whenever I bring that up. But I do it every year just to prove it.
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]
    And your H went all BSC on you whenm you posted that pic on FB!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Yeah I'm off to bed. It was a long stupid day at work. Actually I have a funny story of a special breed of idiocy that I ran in to today, but I'll have to share that tomorrow. The yawnies are taking me over.

Nighty night, girls!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dumb-argument?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a937f6a0-ce38-412c-8671-81ec5e57c6afPost:572a3ac3-b2fe-45b5-93f5-21a42d8fb1ee">Re: Dumb argument</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dumb argument : And your H went all BSC on you whenm you posted that pic on FB!
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

LOL you're quite right. He kept yelling at me to stop playing with the eggs and put them in the fridge before I broke one.
  • Another Boilermaker here!! I actually transferred to Purdue halfway through college, but I'm much much more attached to Purdue than I am to the University of Indianapolis and consider myself a Boilermaker through and through.  I was in Hawkins my first year there, then moved off campus to an apartment right next to the alumni center. 

The garden we had some formal pics at had trains running, and one of the is a Boilermaker Express.  Here's a pic with my and the members of my BP who also graduated Purdue:

and the train:

And we totally played the fight song during the reception :)
  •  My FH and I watched an episode of mythbusters on our first date. I knew right then that he was going to be the one for me. I voted that we have been to the moon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dumb-argument?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a937f6a0-ce38-412c-8671-81ec5e57c6afPost:9cd653e6-6ad2-4cca-9370-e472527595b6">Re: Dumb argument</a>:
    [QUOTE]  I really hate that so many brilliant people invested so much of their time and talent to accomplish something so incredible, not to mention the astronauts who put their lives on the line (and a few who even lost their lives), and less than 50 years later people are claiming they're all liars and phonies, based on stupid conspiracy ideas that can be debunked in a 1-hour television show?!? I just think it's incredibly ignorant and disrespectful. ...okay, done venting now.
    Posted by sclams[/QUOTE]

THIS! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dumb-argument?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a937f6a0-ce38-412c-8671-81ec5e57c6afPost:e959a35e-25d1-4f6b-8dac-cbbf2e265afe">Re: Dumb argument</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mythbusters did a show on this conspiracy, and I thought it was pretty interesting.  The conspiracy was severely busted.  I don't understand why people would be so convinced we have not been to the moon.
    Posted by MrsLibrarian[/QUOTE]

^  This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards