Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

cake vs ice cream

I want to surprise my FH at the wedding with an ice cream sundae bar.  As soon as we started talking about wedding cakes he wanted an ice cream cake.  I will have to get a cake too otherwise he will think something is up.  It is not in the budget to do both cake and ice cream for all the guests. Should I just skip the ice cream or just do a little cake and not feed the guests the cake. What are your thoughts?  TIA

Re: cake vs ice cream

• Options
    LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whichever you choose to provide, there should be enough to go around for each guest to have one serving per person. If you can't afford both, then pick one or the other. But it does come across as stingy and rude if you have only enough for a few selected guests.

If he really wants the cake, get his favorite flavor from a local grocery store bakery (much cheaper than a wedding cake) and serve that at the rehearsal dinner as the groom's cake.
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the groom's dinner part - especially for ice cream cake.  That can be really expensive, and doesn't display very well.  It gets melty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. Ice cream cake at the reception is not a good idea. It would go over very well at the rehearsal dinner though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards