California-Los Angeles
Options

Budget Wedding & Reception Sites?

I've been researching sites and am having trouble finding anything that fits my preferences.  I am looking for a single location to have both my wedding and reception.  There will be ~125 guests and have ~$12K to cover food, open bar, and site fees.  I would prefer the wedding to be outdoors and the reception to be indoors.  We're willing to have the wedding anywhere in the LA or Orange County areas.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a location?  (Or is my budget unrealistic?)  Thank you!

Re: Budget Wedding & Reception Sites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What we're doing is getting married on the beach and having the reception at a restaurant within walking distance. It's really super reasonable, the price per person is just insane for the food. We're planning on getting married on Venice Beach and then having the reception at C & O Trattoria, it's our favorite restaurant, but nothing is set in stone yet. They don't have an open bar but we're doing plenty of wine. Lots of restaurants do have bars though. That might be an option for you. It was sooo much cheaper to get this fabulous food we love than to go somewhere else. Granted, our wedding is going to be pretty casual, so I don't know what you have in mind, but that's what worked for us! Good luck!
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Swiss Park Banquets? I am having my reception there saturday. I am not sure how much is would be for having the Ceremony there, but might be worth cheaking it out. They have a realy pretty Garden to get married in, and the Reception can be Indoors.
    That's what knottie a.contreras did. You can try paging her for more info, although I havent seen her on the boards lately. Good Luck!
  • Options
    adebord14adebord14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the La Canada Flintridge Country Club - the ceremony is outdoors and the reception in indoors (that's what we wanted too).  The room we are using has a 125 person minimum I think, but it has a wrap-around balcony to the room, and a great view. 

I think it's definitely worth checking out. http://www.lcfcc.net

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Ramsey's at the Club. I got it for $103 per person, including food, alcohol, tax and gratuity. Lots of menu option to choose from, and I'm doing an open bar of beer, wine and well drinks.

We're having our ceremony at a chapel at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills which is right up the street, though you can also do it on the patio at Ramsey's.

One place I loved was In of the Seventh Ray. I've been there for brunch and it's great. They were booked on my day, though.

Also, check out Here Comes the Guide for SoCal wedding venues and reviews. Excellent resource.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello there...we are having our reception at The Castaway in Burbank. You can also get married there too. Their packages are around $62 per person and it
    Includes: Two Hour Premium Hosted Bar, G
    lass of Wine with Dinner, Traditional Champagne Toast, Deluxe Specialty Cake, Elegant Ivory Chair Covers, International Coffee Station and Your Selection of Premium Hors d’oeuvres (five pieces per person)
    I think they have a lower package than this too. You  can check out their website...
    www.castawayrestaurant.com

So far for 125 people it should be under 11k. GL HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the La Canada Flintridge Country Club.  We are getting married there next year.  They have some good packages that I think would fit in your budget but I don't think that they have that many hours for the bar so you may have to pay for a few more hours if you don't want your guests to pay for their drinks.  I would recommend you check them out just make sure you talk to Gary the catering director he is the best one to talk to!  GL!
  • Options
    gmjpeachgmjpeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There!

I was totally in your situration a few months ago, with more people and a smaller budget.  But, for $6,600, I am getting a 6 hr. chicken plated reception, unlimited sodas, champagin toast, cake, place, chair covers and overlays, basic centerpiece, INCLUDING ALL TAXES AND SERCIVE CHARGE for 175 people!  I had gotten quotes for prime rib too, but it was over my tiny budget of $7k.  Check them out!  Mountian Meaddows in Pomona.  Its a golf course, and Katie, my coordinator, is SUPER nice and can work with you to get the pricing where you need to be.  They have a wedding gazeebo on a beautiful green lawn, and guests then walk right into the receptionhall.  The weddings were also a great deal, but I am having a church wedding.

They have a lake for pictures, and plenty of trees and rolling hills for pictures.

I just can't say enough about htem because they are so nice, both the personality and the place itself.  I NEVER thought we could afford such a nice/great place!
  • Options
    Soon2B Mrs.VSoon2B Mrs.V member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have actually heard that it's pretty reasonable to get married at Lawry's in Beverly Hills.  Might be worth checking out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to think of the cheapest places we looked into........I know Sunset Hills Country Club in Thousand Oaks was very reasonable, as was Wood Ranch Country Club in Simi Valley. We got married at Robinson Ranch in Santa Clarita, but they might be cutting it a little close to your budget or may even go over it. There are a lot of small country clubs that are reasonable, but I'm not sure what type of location you are looking for. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Mountaingate Country Club & they have a lot of menu options so you can have a budget like yours & have dinner, 5 hour open bar, the place from 4-12, have ceromony outside & then the dinner inside. The coordinator's name is Bridget & she is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards