Honeymoon Discussions

Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!

Hi all! Just in case you are looking at St. Lucia, beware, American Airlines has just changed their schedule to St. Lucia! We're going November 12 and have booked everything, flight and resort (we're staying at Sandals). Well, I got an e-mail on Sunday saying they changed our flight. I looked, thinking it was just a flight number or something, but no, our flight to go from Miami to St. Lucia has been CANCELED!!!!! I've called and talked to someone and someone was supposed to call me back this afternoon and I still haven't heard from anyone. Great! :( So, look very closely at flights if you're looking there. It looks like they might just not be flying on Monday and Tuesday. 
imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
Photobucket
The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
243 Invited image
172 Can't wait image
71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!

• Are they cancelling all flights, or just the one you were on? I don't think it's strange at all for them to change flights. I booked my June honeymoon in January and my flights have changed 3 times since then. I do hope your situation works out, though. 
  • When I talked to the lady, she said they are canceling all flight on Mondays and Tuesdays (and maybe Wednesdays, I can't remember) for good. :( Changing the flight isn't bad, but canceling so we can't get there is another thing! So right now we're stuck in Miami.
    Photobucket
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    AA changed our flight to St Thomas today but didn't cancel it.  We wanted the flight where there was a 2hr layover just in case of delays but they changed us to a flight where there is only an hour layover.
  • OMG my HM is in 20 days and we fly out on Monday. I hope they dont cancel that... OMG now I am even more str4essed!
  • Oh no, I hope they don't change mine in July! That's very strange too because I just went on their website and they're still letting you book flights to St. Lucia on November 12th through Miami.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • If AA is canceling your flights make them put you on a Delta flight.  We are flying delta and have had no problems.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:8ce63075-7a52-46f7-89f3-988022c6bfd8">Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG my HM is in 20 days and we fly out on Monday. I hope they dont cancel that... OMG now I am even more str4essed!
    Posted by matt&brit[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sure if they changed yours, you would have heard by now. We heard on Sunday. I looked at their website and it looks like it's going for a while. It might be a fall thing since we're going in November. :)</div>
    Photobucket
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:d9d5aa0e-a247-4a87-8cce-c78322579033">Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If AA is canceling your flights make them put you on a Delta flight.  We are flying delta and have had no problems.
    Posted by smilesavy[/QUOTE]

<div>I checked Delta and it shows no flights at all for the time we're there. :( I'm sure they'll be able to work out something. </div>
    Photobucket
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:7476178f-bd40-4763-8630-7fff187b3166">Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no, I hope they don't change mine in July! That's very strange too because I just went on their website and they're still letting you book flights to St. Lucia on November 12th through Miami.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

<div>Strange! I'm wondering if they're still flying on Mondays, but stopped Tuesday and Wednesday. We're getting married on a Sunday, so we leave Portland on Monday, but don't fly to St. Lucia until Tuesday. If worse comes to worse, we can just change our travel days and not leave here until Wednesday and come home after Thanksgiving instead of the day before. </div>
    Photobucket
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:513f1592-2abb-4f09-be67-47c7b612ff70">Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! Just in case you are looking at St. Lucia, beware, American Airlines has just changed their schedule to St. Lucia! We're going November 12 and have booked everything, flight and resort (we're staying at Sandals). Well, I got an e-mail on Sunday saying they changed our flight. I looked, thinking it was just a flight number or something, but no, our flight to go from Miami to St. Lucia has been CANCELED!!!!! I've called and talked to someone and someone was supposed to call me back this afternoon and I still haven't heard from anyone. Great! :( So, look very closely at flights if you're looking there. It looks like they might just not be flying on Monday and Tuesday. 
    Posted by snowdaisy822[/QUOTE]

I just happened to see this, and we are also going to St. Lucia Sandals, same date!  Haha what are the chances.  We are flying out of Philadelphia Sunday November 11, staying in Miami that night, then flying to St. Lucia November 12.  We also come home the day before Thanksgiving.  You got the email from AA?  I just checked my email and didn't get anything...weird.  We are probably on the same flight, what are the chances?!

Ahh guess I gotta contact the travel agent to see if our flight is changed too :(
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:a93ba8d3-9e7c-41f8-b2ad-5e9e898b27f4">Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!! : I just happened to see this, and we are also going to St. Lucia Sandals, same date!  Haha what are the chances.  We are flying out of Philadelphia Sunday November 11, staying in Miami that night, then flying to St. Lucia November 12.  We also come home the day before Thanksgiving.  You got the email from AA?  I just checked my email and didn't get anything...weird.  We are probably on the same flight, what are the chances?! Ahh guess I gotta contact the travel agent to see if our flight is changed too :(
    Posted by Kimberly010205[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you're fine. It sounds like they're not flying Tuesday and Wednesday, but maybe on Monday. The e-mail we got was from Sandals. Did you book your flight through them? I would suggest just calling them or AA just to make sure. We were leaving Portland on the 12th and flying to St. Lucia on the 13th. They tried to get us to leave earlier, but we're getting married on the 11th, so we couldn't leave earlier. We're now leaving Portland on that Wednesday, getting there on Thursday and flying home on Thanksgiving day.</div><div>
    </div><div>What resort are you staying at? We'll be staying at La Toc. :)</div>
    Photobucket
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beware-american-airlines-changing-flights-to-st-lucia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:046cc7ae-cef9-4fed-9602-f86bb99cdc7bPost:222a89d4-c590-4cbf-9d87-3d64e66e28d6">Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beware! American Airlines changing flights to St. Lucia!!! : I think you're fine. It sounds like they're not flying Tuesday and Wednesday, but maybe on Monday. The e-mail we got was from Sandals. Did you book your flight through them? I would suggest just calling them or AA just to make sure. We were leaving Portland on the 12th and flying to St. Lucia on the 13th. They tried to get us to leave earlier, but we're getting married on the 11th, so we couldn't leave earlier. We're now leaving Portland on that Wednesday, getting there on Thursday and flying home on Thanksgiving day. What resort are you staying at? We'll be staying at La Toc. :)
    Posted by snowdaisy822[/QUOTE]

Gotcha--- well thanks for the heads up!  Yeah I'll have to try calling AA.  Contacted our travel agent but didn't hear back yet.  We didn't book through the Sandals website though.  We didn't think about it til we booked that we'd be flying back on the busiest flying holiday haha..whoops.  We're staying at Halycon!  Pretty excited for St. Lucia...have only been to Riviera Maya as far as carribbean/exotic places go
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards