Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Arrival of the Birds by Cinematic Orchestra

I am thinking about walking down the isle to this song. Does anyone have any opinions about this song? I dont want to walk down the isle to the traditional here comes the bride.

Thanks in Advance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Arrival of the Birds by Cinematic Orchestra

• Options
    Walk down the AISLE to whatever song you want.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    It is a lovely piece, but I would use that for the prelude music if you are doing a CD or DJ music source.  The "here comes the bride" song is so common because it has a very pompous, march-like feel to it.  Most people (IMO) expect the music to sort of "announce" that something important is about to happen.  If that's not your taste, there are alternative pieces of music you could choose that still sound as though they are announcing something... think along the lines of the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Canon in D, Trumpet Tune, Trumpet voluntary (for more traditional titles).  

In the end, my opinion is just that -- my opinion.  You will want to choose something that fits your taste and preference, and if you're thinking "this song SCREAMS that I'm coming down the aisle," then you've found your song!  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I agree. Walk down the aisle to whatever you want. I am thinking of walking down the aisle to Rainbow Connection.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_arrival-of-birds-cinematic-orchestra?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:f60f3e32-dbee-4d27-b0e5-d667f8f98198Post:cc978dab-f112-454e-a51a-dc36d22800f0">Re: Arrival of the Birds by Cinematic Orchestra</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><font color="#0000ff">It is a lovely piece, but I would use that for the prelude music if you are doing a CD or DJ music source.</font></strong>  Posted by kellya01[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is a nice piece but somewhat mellow for a bride's processional.  If you have live strings though, it could certainly be arranged to deliver the pomp usually present in a march (such as "Here Comes the Bride").

Now, I must confess, having never heard of this piece, I hesitated to open this thread.  I was nervous it might be a variation on all the "how should my dog be incorporated ..." posts, but instead along the lines of "How should we involve our birds ..."  ROTF LMAO.
  • Options
    lol.. we do not own any birds. lol We do however own 2 fat cats but they will not be in our wedding. This is a people only wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_arrival-of-birds-cinematic-orchestra?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:f60f3e32-dbee-4d27-b0e5-d667f8f98198Post:4ea73d58-ca47-43d7-8c6e-6d6ffaaec62f">Re: Arrival of the Birds by Cinematic Orchestra</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol.. we do not own any birds. lol We do however own 2 fat cats but they will not be in our wedding. This is a people only wedding. :)
    Posted by diybride2be[/QUOTE]

Cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards