Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Wine

Hello Ladies!

I am getting ready to stock our bar and am having some difficultly making a decision on wine. We will definitely be serving a domestic beer, our favorite micro brew, and signature cocktails (rum and vodka). These decisions were easy, but I am at a loss to find a decent, yet affordable (under $10) wine option.

We want to have a red, white, and dessert wine. We have a costco, trader joes, bevmo and total wines near us. Do any of you have recommendations?

Thanks!
I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com

Re: Wine

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought all of our wine at Total Wines and everything was under $8.  We went with chardonnay, pinot grigio, shiraz and pinot noir.  All of it recommended by the staff there and from what I heard, everyone loved their wine options at the reception.  Best part is you can return what you don't use so keep your receipt. 
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly... most people would be fine with Two Buck Chuck. The Chardonnay is very much like a typical, nice, California Chardonnay (and I'm not even a huge Chardonnay fan). It's also even cheaper if you buy it by the case. Otherwise, you can ask people at Bevmo to direct you to something - and maybe buy a few bottles to try before the wedding.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The Francis Ford Coppola wine series is fantastic and you can usually find some of their wines on sale at the groccery store. Their merlot (which is my favorite) is usually under $10. Believe it or not, Barefoot, which looks like it would be a cheap-tasting wine, is probabaly the best cheap wine I have ever bought. Their merlot and zin are really good. And you can usually get them for like $6 or $7. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards