Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony song??? Interpretation

So I am a huge fan of Adele and I really want to use her song "Make You Feel My Love" for my walk down the aisle. I have loved that song since Garth Brooks did it for the movie Hope Floats and it is a Dylan cover who I also like. Anyhow, there is one line in the song that makes me wonder if I shouldn't use it. Ultimately the entire song works but this one line makes it seem like the guy is unsure. Not really what I want to portray on our W day LOL

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnn9JlqqTE4

I would like some opinions because I have been trying to decide on my music for months now and it would be awesome to at least get ONE out of the way :)

Re: Ceremony song??? Interpretation

• If it is going to be in the ceremony you won't get to use the whole song anyway. Just use what you like.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • See I'm like that too. There have been several songs that just feel like they would be so perfect to walk down the aisle. Then I really listen and analyze and they get nixed. Glad I'm not the only one.

I thought I was being original. That blows. I haven't been to a wedding where they used their own music so I hadn't heard it.

Thanks ladies!
  • LOVE that song!! I don't think anyone will even notice..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes actually that does help. I have a strange need to feel original and different :)

I didn't really think others would notice but I notice weird stuff like that. People have said they don't really focus on the song. I'm completely different. I watch the bride as I Iisten to the song and the lyrics if that applies. It is a whole "feeling" to me.
  • I am using this song for my walk down the aisle, and I edited it so it ends just before that line.  I cut it down to 55 seconds, which should be more than enough time, and I'm having it fade out at the line just before that one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards