Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Smart and Chic

Just curious if any one has had a difficult time getting a hold of them as of late?  I have emailed them several times in the last two weeks.  Trying to get an approximate time they will arrive from them, I need to put together my timeline for BP members who are traveling from OOT.

Re: Smart and Chic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you emailing your specific artist or Anita, the coordinator? 

I had the best response time from my artist herself.  Although the schedule came from Anita. 
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was initially emailing Anita, but then also CC'd the artist.  They got back to me right a way when I was adding names to the list, but now that I need something from them it's been crickets....I'm not that worried, but it is just frustrating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, frustrating indeed.  I am surprised that they aren't giving you an answer on a time, since that's pretty important for you to plan around. 

How long has it been since you emailed them?
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First time I emailed was Friday, April 16th.  Last time I emailed was Monday.  I'm trying not to bother them to much, but we have wedding party members that are trying to book flights, figure out travel plans.  I may just try my luck with calling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Friday?? That isn't very cool - I would try calling if you haven't already...  I hope they get back to you soon.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I emailed Anita on like the 14th and heard back right away.  Then I emailed her with the exact needs of all my girls (waiting for the new schedule) and a few other questions mid-last week and have yet to hear back.  So I guess this doesn't really help you but you're not alone :)

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does help...how many girls do you have getting hair/makeup?  I wonder if it is because we both have big parties?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have 7 of us getting our hair done and 4 gettin make-up.  I've had her make timelines for me before though and it's been quick.  I also had one time where it took a while and eventually I emailed back and got a response then.  So who knows.  I haven't emailed her back looking for a response yet because it wasn't too urgent to me yet.  But since you and your girls are from all over you need more of a plan than me at this point!

Hopefully we hear something soon....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard back from her right away too. Do you have a phone number to try? I was even getting stuff back from Anita at like 10pm last night. I just booked S&C for my wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who are you guys booking for your stylists?
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my trial with Amber B.  but I have 13 people getting hair done, so I will probably have two other stylists.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard they are supposed to be good so let us know how it turns out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have Amber W.  Our original estimate was 2 other stylists but we might be back down to 2 with the changes I made...but I am waiting to find out so I am not sure :) haha
  • Options
    MarcyLTMarcyLT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I left a voicemail for them over a week ago to inquire about booking and still haven't heard back. I ended up going with someone else.
    New Name, Old Nestie Blog: Career Girl Network
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just heard back from Anita...I sort of figured as soon as I posted something I'd hear back from them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) haha they were creepin :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_smart-chic-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:1ab7e673-b820-4985-8c7e-c69f9d9a5369Post:6084776e-34db-4091-8d6e-13adbcf0c96d">Re: Smart and Chic</a>:
    [QUOTE]:) haha they were creepin :)
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

haha I just emailed Anita about booking Amber W (who I met at the GTG) for my wedding. She is already booked some other wedding, and I have Cate. I will be doing a trial so not too concerned that she doesn' t have reviews from peeps on here yet!  :)
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, they do that on a regular basis.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GOod to know. I will give them a call and inquire who else is doing hair and makeup for us- we have enough people so I am pretty sure we would need two. I am not doing an up do- but I want my hair to stay in place all day obviously. I may have to make sure I get someone with more experience- we'll see.

Thanks for the insight K8ly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards