Missouri-St Louis

florist just canceled!!!

Has anyone ever had a florist cancel before?

I just emailed them asking for a hard copy of the contract to keep on file. Does my request seem out of line? I haven't heard from them in 5 months so I wanted to make sure everything was okay. Never planned a wedding before not sure how things are supposed to work!

We had an electric contract and he just informed me that he didn't like my tone and just canceled on me!  Is there any protocal to things like this? What is the point in a contract if it is not binding?

Thanks in advance

Re: florist just canceled!!!

• edited December 2011
    What is your wedding date?  I can recommend a couple of places that may help you.
  • edited December 2011

Wow. Thats crazy. I havent booked mine yet, but that seems extreamly unprofessional. Which florist was it so the rest of us know not to go there?

"I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, so sorry that happened to you. I would also be interested in which florist did this so I make sure I don't go there. I'm also looking for a florist to make the bouquets and bouts for my April 17 wedding. Thanks and I'm sure you'll find a new florist. Best of luck.
  • girliebride09girliebride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a girlfriend of mine just booked Victoria Cripps. You can see some samples of her work here http://www.sjmackyphotography.com/2009/07/14/victoria-cripps-floral-design-vendor-plug/
    I have never met with her but my friend said she had great ideas and super prices! Good luck!
  • Sn2BLeeSn2BLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Victoria Crupps as well (mentioned by pp).  She was super sweet, had TONS of great ideas, and her prices were fabulous.  I highly recommend meeting with her. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well, of course if THEY are cancelling YOU, the deposit will have to be returned, correct?
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to know which one that was too so I don't use them. How terrible! I don't think it's too much to call and ask. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that happened to you!  I'm using Lisa with Belli Fiori and she's been great so far.
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards