Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Romantic honeymoon ideas for college students on a major budget!!!

My fiance and I are currently college students who will be getting married right after we graduate from our undergraduate program and right before we begin a graduate program. We have a very very small budget of $1500 total or less for our honeymoon. We know it's not a lot, but just don't have the means to do anything over that. We are desperate for ideas for a romantic honeymoon in June. We have thought of Gatlinburg and Las Vegas, but want some more ideas before we make our final decision. We are very open to any cheap ideas.  Does anyone have any advice for us?

Re: Romantic honeymoon ideas for college students on a major budget!!!

• Options
    http://www.queenvictoria.com/

Its gorgeous! And lots to do and see...
  • Options
    My fiance and I booked a 6 night all inclusive honeymoon to Cancun for $1600 ( and it included airfaire) We booked it through hotwire. I completely understand the college budget...I am in grad school :) Good luck and best wishes!
  • Options

You could do a cruise for that price which includes food and many activities.  I'd look around for those.  Also, check out places in New England-they have some beautiful romantic places:-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just booked a trip to celebrate my birthday for $1495 including airfare to Cancun, airport transfers and 3 nights at Secrets Capri.  You may have to do a short trip with only $1500 but it can be done :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just found this place when looking through some travel sites. They have a "last minute deal" link at the top, and believe it or not, June is considered "last minute". They access info from all the major travel sites.

http://www.travelzoo.com/

FYI, if you've never been to New England, you could probably both fly into Boston and do a driving honeymoon for 4-5 days and hit all the top spots up through Massachusetts, New Hampshire & Maine.

The bigger question is what do you like? History? Sports? Ocean? Mountains? Where have you never been? Think it through them do some googling.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for your tips everyone! This definitely gives us some ideas! If anyone has anymore I would love to hear them!!
  • Options
    My FI and I considered a 4-night Disney cruise, food and all included, for about $1250.  You should definitely check it out.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    I would go with an AI in Mexico or a cruise. I saw a pp mentioned a Disney cruise.. but for only 4 days. Disney cruises are more expensive then Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or Norwegian. You could do a week long cruise with your budget, if you went with a cheaper cruiseline. All your food and onboard activities would be included. But since you'd need extra for gratuities and drinks on board and shore excursions, maybe the AI resort would be better. FI and I went to Cancun last year for that price which included 5 nights at a 4 star AI and airfare. I highly suggest the GR Solaris in Cancun, which is where we stayed and friends of ours who recently got engaged are there right now celebrating a birthday. It can definitely be done! HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards