Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend

Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend

• Options
    I voted Yo! Because that makes me feel like Rocky Balboa.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

How are you today, miss Cew? Long time no see!

What are your weekend plans?

• Options
    Hi back at you pretty lady! I have the exciting weekend plans of getting married! Today I'm having a bridesmaids' luncheon and then our RD is tonight. It's going to be a crazy couple of days!

How about you? How have you been?
  • Options
    I'm mostly here for at least a bit.

BIL is out walking around town, so I have the house to myself :-)

How was vacation Sun?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

OH MY GOSH Cew! Congratulations for this weekend! I had no clue it was coming up for you! Best of luck. I demand pictures asap after the deed is done!

Hiya aMrs! Just about to head to bed, but the trip was super-fantastic. We had a great time- enjoyed it a lot more than I'd expected to, even. Was fun! I hope you're having a good time of late, how are things?

• Options
    I's here! But I'm kind of sleepy and also looking for apartments. 
  • Options
    Thanks Sun! I will definitely be back to AW some pics as soon as I can. :)
  • Options
    Congrats Cew.  You'll have a blast, just relax.

Amoro, I thought you guys had a place?

TheSun, things are good.  We only have 20 days left here.  I'm a sad aMrs... :-(
  • Options
    Bon matin, Sun! =]  Just getting up and on-air for my very last day at work (I'm a DJ at my campus radio station).  It's sad, but it's a good feeling since graduation is tomorrow.  The future in-laws are coming in today to pack up J and get settled in for tomorrow's celebration, so it will be a good time tonight!  How are things with you?

Also, CEW, I hope everything is beautiful for you this weekend - i'm sure it will be!!

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks aMrs and Sweetpea!
  • Options
    Cew - yay!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CEW, I really can't wait to see photos.  I'm sure you'll have an awesome day!

Mrs, we DID have a place, then Thursday last week, we got a call and were told that the guy backed out.  Technically, we could sue him because we'd already signed all the papers, but we think it's because something happened with his job and we don't want to make it worse.  Soooo back to the drawing board.  The estate agents are pretty useless, so I'm looking on my own, and we are going to look at a house on Saturday! AND the person who is handling our move "Forgot" to apply for our visas.  WTF.  So yeah.  We're illegal right now.  Awesome.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:8f090fec-48b5-4d23-8633-109969e362fb">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]CEW, I really can't wait to see photos.  I'm sure you'll have an awesome day! Mrs, we DID have a place, then Thursday last week, we got a call and were told that the guy backed out.  Technically, we could sue him because we'd already signed all the papers, but we think it's because something happened with his job and we don't want to make it worse.  Soooo back to the drawing board.  The estate agents are pretty useless, so I'm looking on my own, and we are going to look at a house on Saturday! <strong>AND the person who is handling our move "Forgot" to apply for our visas.  WTF.  So yeah.  We're illegal right now.  Awesome.</strong>
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]
    What the HELL?? When will that be fixed?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:21666398-f842-4322-9b6c-df5ae4e9c52d">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend : What the HELL?? When will that be fixed?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Couple of weeks.  What's even more interesting, is we figured it out on Tuesday morning, but it took until yesterday afternoon for H's boss to be able to get into see this ladies boss (she wasn't answering her phone, or calling back messages) before we could even get the process started. 

It's sometimes a shame it's impossible to get fired here.
  • Options
    hate to make light of your situation, but everytime I hear about your visa issues, I feel better about the $$$ we spent on the atty to deal with it.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:eda917a9-d690-4aff-9f88-e40e262111d0">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend : Couple of weeks.  What's even more interesting, is we figured it out on Tuesday morning, but it took until yesterday afternoon for H's boss to be able to get into see this ladies boss (she wasn't answering her phone, or calling back messages) before we could even get the process started.  It's sometimes a shame it's impossible to get fired here.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]
    Wow way to drop the ball and not work very hard. Thats nuts you cant get fired for failing to do your job and doing something that could result in someone being deported.
  • Options

Amoro- That just sucks!  Right now I'm in week 9 of waiting for my daughter's birth certificate, so I can apply for her passport.  Did I mention she leaves the country on June 19!!!  I'm a little freaked out right now.

So how is life in Sweden so far?  I never made it there, but my parents did and they loved it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:484b592c-36ab-4336-b771-7f5d664e13c1">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]hate to make light of your situation, but everytime I hear about your visa issues, I feel better about the $$$ we spent on the atty to deal with it.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

If we could, we would.  I mean, there's not much we could have done on our own to deal with it at all.  It's just the country hopping.  HOwever, I think it's probably the best thing you did too. :D

Yes, it's annoying, but at least you know you can't get fired for anything stupid either.  It's a double-edged sword.

Why's it taking so long for the birth certificate??  Are you planning to just head into your local passport office?  I probably would if I were you. Hm.  Or maybe you can't because it's a new one. 
  • Options
    Good morning!

I'm feeling bitchy, whiny, and uncomfortable this morning. I guess I've finally hit that point in the pregnancy. I really hope this shiit doesn't linger for another 2 weeks. For some reason lpstl's dying walrus analogy really resonated with DH and I and he keeps pleading with me not to tusk him :)

I've been off TK a lot the last couple of weeks and I can't believe how many of my favorites are getting married!! First Brie, and now cew!!  Good luck, cew! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
  • Options
    You know, I never thought I'd say this, but I wish LPSTL would come back.

I hope you can start feeling more comfortable AC!
  • Options
    Luckily, I live about 2 hours from DC, so we can just drive on up.  It's not a new passport, she was born in Germany, but because she is a minor, you have to apply in person and have more documentation.  The thing is, it's my fault.  I had her original birth certificate for 12 years!  I just had it in August to register her for school  I have a fire proof box I put all of our papers in, and when I went to get her birth certificate, it wasn't there.  Everything else was, just not that. 

I had to request the report of birth abroad from the US State Department, they in turn have to get it from the National Archives.  If she was born in the US, I would have just had to request from the city/state she was born in. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    BOOO I just got an email from my aunt (on my dads side - his only sister. She has two daughers and thats my entire family on that side). My cousin is getting married in July... in VEGAS... and would LOOOOOOVE if we can make it but understand if we cant. Yeah, given that im just getting 2 months notice of the DW, you bet your ass I cant make it. Apparently the FI is planning it and thought planning a DW 3 months out is a brilliant idea. They arent planning to send out invites for a while yet, but my aunt wanted to give me a heads up.

Thanks. thats great.
  • Options
    I'd be disappointed too!  My uncle planned his Maui wedding for December 7th.  My daughter was still in school, I had just started a new job, it just didn't work.  I was so bummed I couldn't be there!  Plus, who doesn't want to go to Hawaii in December?

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Options
    luckyme, I can think of 364 days I'd rather get married on in Hawaii...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:4fb7db53-fd40-4e2d-ac4e-31d259bdb348">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]BOOO I just got an email from my aunt (on my dads side - his only sister. She has two daughers and thats my entire family on that side). My cousin is getting married in July... in VEGAS... and would LOOOOOOVE if we can make it but understand if we cant. Yeah, given that im just getting 2 months notice of the DW, you bet your ass I cant make it. Apparently the FI is planning it and thought planning a DW 3 months out is a brilliant idea. They arent planning to send out invites for a while yet, but my aunt wanted to give me a heads up. Thanks. thats great.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    *facepalm*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_put-shoes-im-ready-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a75dc0a-945d-480b-b963-c812fb99dc50Post:f26888cb-fcbb-49ed-a874-0cfbc6323c34">Re: put on my shoes and I'm ready for the weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]luckyme, I can think of 364 days I'd rather get married on in Hawaii...
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

Yes, isn't that Pearl Harbor Day?  Hmmm, they got married on Maui, I don't know if that makes a difference.  How weird, I never thought about that before. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards