Wedding Reception Forum

Church reception

I have been looking all over MN for a place to do my reception..I don't go by the plate for food and most places require me to have a licensed caterer or have one of their approved caterer serve food . My thing is I am on a tight budget and my fiance and I plan to serve buffet style. One of my friend had her wedding done at a church that doesn't require a caterer and she brought in her own food to serve. Does anybody know of any church that would be willing to rent one of their facilities?

Re: Church reception

• Try posting this on your local board, to the left.  They will be much more helpful as this is an interantional board.
  • No places will offer buffet????? 

I can't help you with your location but I will say investigate way more than what you are doing or have the wedding a family members house. 

Also a warning about churches...they can also get super expensive AND will have restrictions (no alcohol, restriction on music which would usually have you send over the music being played for approval, and some might not allow any music/dancing). 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Some churches do, indeed rent their facilities (PP do you realizes how many churches-different kinds and affiliations there are?) but I think that most would allow use of a hall/gym/etc if the ceremony was there as well.  Also, I'm using my church's facilities and we are allowed to have as much alcohol as we would want and have no restrictions on music/dancing.  All you can do is ask around...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Church wedding is the trend has following from the ancient days. Having a church wedding reception has some obvious advantages. the wedding guests don’t need driving directions to another event location, everybody stays together, there tends to be more activities for any little ones involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards