New Jersey

venue suggestions for quaint wedding down the shore?

Hey guys! I'm an old knottie (married in 2008) here trying to help a friend! She wants a small (100 ppl or less) wedding that is casual...she would love for it to be outdoors ... like a cocktail hour type of thing....on the water preferably somewhere at the jersey shore. She does not want a formal sit down wedding hall venue. Any suggestions?? I am wracking my brain!
thanks for your help Kelly
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: venue suggestions for quaint wedding down the shore?

• Ms.Farah2010Ms.Farah2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Congress Hall!  I think it is across the street from the beach, but it's GORGEOUS!
  • edited December 2011
    My friends cousin got married at Congress Hall and LOVED it!!!! It was a very small wedding too... probably 80-90 guests. It's in Cape May.
  • edited December 2011
    Totally,
    there is a beach house in monmouth beach that you can rent for the week.  You have to bring in a caterer but he can help you.  his name is Lou & your wedding will quit literally be ON THE SAND!!!
    its sooo beautiful

call him @ 732.996.8531
    call him uncle lou
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congress Hall is my pick.

I love anything in Cape May really.
  • edited December 2011
    Avenue in Long Branch, more hip venue I believe they can do a cocktail hour kind of reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Ocean Place in Long Branch and definitely think McLoones in Long Branch and Avenue in Long Branch are great possibilities.
    Otherwise - maybe renting a house on the shore? Tenting an area?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards