Not Engaged Yet

Help dress me? (PIP)

I have my interview for the radiology program on Monday and I'm trying to figure out what to wear - I have a couple of suits and a couple of nice skirts and tops. I'm just trying to figure out if I should go with a nice suit or if something simpler might be ok.

These are the suits I have - they're pretty similar but one is black and the other is brown

Black

Brown

I also put this skirt and top together for a simpler look

What do you think? Or should I just go buy something new? I just want to look professional and give the board a really good impression

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Help dress me? (PIP)

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally like the look of the brown suit. But I also will make no claims to being a fashion guru.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the black suit pin-striped? If so, go with that. I feel like pin-stripes look super-professional and classy.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the brown suit.  All options are nice tho! Which is more comfortable? Which do you FEEL more professional and self confident in?  Those will give you the best results;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the look of the brown suit but don't know if it is a faux paux for raidiology interviews. (I know it is for professional business interviews)
  • edited December 2011
    They actually both are pin-striped but it's a little more subtle on the black one than the brown one
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wear the brown one with a fun necklace with color.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the skirt for interviews but you need a plain black jacket to go with it. I say shop!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    BBB, why is brown a faux pas for business interviews? I never heard that before. Then again, I live in the land of "It's too damn hot for pantyhose and suits!" :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:67291041-81b3-4bb4-9c4e-5b01e7c5d8b1Post:94ebabaf-9aa5-4a4b-a7ac-6cb18ddac8a3">Re: Help dress me? (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]BBB, why is brown a faux pas for business interviews? I never heard that before. Then again, I live in the land of "It's too damn hot for pantyhose and suits!" :)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Baha, and I am in the industry of people who wear rock band t-shirts with blazers to interviews.... anything goes in the design world.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also curious about the faux paux thing too. I had never heard of that.

My first day of work here I showed up in business/ business casual. I was told I was too dressed up. Hey I always wanted a job where I could wear jeans everyday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard that suits should be black or navy on interviews.  I also heard that women should wear skirt suits, not pants suits.  I don't know where this comes from.  
  • edited December 2011
    Always a black suit for an interview. Pants or a skirt would work. Keep it very simple.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'm leaning towards the black one because I think it'll look more professional but I still have a few days to decide Smile
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    According to my college's career services website, women should wear black, navy, or dark grey suits. Pants or skirt is a matter of personal decision, though the skirt should be no shorter than just above the knee.

Also, I try not to nit pick too much on the boards, but it's "faux pas". The "aux" makes a long "O" sound in French, so when you spell it "faux paux" it's pronounced "foh poh".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards