Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ideas for good virgin drink options at a dry wedding reception...? I am not a drinker so idk

I am planning to have a dry wedding reception due to the loss of a very close friend a yr ago and I have never been a drinker in fact I've only ever tried on sip of a Mike's Hard Lemonade and spit it out. So my question is what would be some good virgin drinks that you ladies like? I would google this stuff but my browser is messed up so I'm lucky to even make it here.

Re: Ideas for good virgin drink options at a dry wedding reception...? I am not a drinker so idk

• Why not just coffee and tea, both hot and cold, and lemonade and water. Oh, and wedding punch! If you want the option of blender drinks, how about frozen coffee drinks like frappachinos?
  • Italian soda bar (seltzer, syrups, cream as an optional addition)?  Different flavors of lemonade?  DH and I love lemonade and ice tea mixed together, so I think a bar with an assortment of lemonade and ice tea flavors that people could mix and match would be fun.

Is your FI on board with having a dry wedding?
  • edited September 2012

If you are looking for blender drinks...you can always do virgin daquaris or smoothies.  Have some sort of smoothie bar?

Sorry...I originally didn't see the part about not being able to google.

Try rootbeer floats, shirley temples (grenadine, ginger ale, sprite), sparkling peach sunrise (peach juice, grenadine, sprite).

Here is something I found for "Bridal Sweet Punch"
    6 cups water
    10 tea bags
    3 cups sugar
    3 cups orange juice
    3 cups pineapple juice
    1 cupfresh lemon juice
    2 quart ginger ale

This punch can be made in advance in large quantities. Bring the water to a boil, add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, add the sugar, mix and chill for at least 3 hours. Place the chilled tea in a punch bowl, add the juices, and stir. Just before serving, add the ginger ale and stir. Add some ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves.

Read more: Bridal Sweet Punch recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinks1r6208.html#ixzz27lb7CZwf

• I would have your standard water, sodas, juices, teas and lemonade.

Honestly, when it comes to virgin drinks water is my go to drink.  Every morning I drink a chocolate milk. About once a week I have a Sprite or Arnold Palmer.  But most of the time it's water.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • A friend of mine had a dry wedding and during cocktail hour they had 2 kinds of punch as a specialty drink. You could do the traditional gingerale/pineapple juice/sherbert type of punch. I always loved that when my mom would make it for parties when I was younger.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • You could have punch, as recommended above. There are also virgin frozen drinks which both adults and kids love, ie virgin daiquiris.

Something fun you could also set up would be a "float station", with various sodas/soft drinks and ice creams. Around here "Boston Coolers" are popular (Vernors Ginger Ale & vanilla ice cream), raspberry sherbet with Cherry 7-Up, etc.

I agree, lemonade and iced tea are other options.
  • If I was going to a dry wedding, I'd rather drink water than some foo foo virgin drink.  
  • What's the problem with your browser? Have you tried running CCleaner? Do you have a backup browser to search for help with?

If you've run out of options, it might be best to save all your necessary files to a back-up hard drive and reload your Operating System.

Best of luck to you, and here's hoping that you can successfully Google things in the future!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_ideas-for-good-virgin-drink-options-at-a-dry-wedding-reception-i-am-not-a-drinker-so-idk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:595ff437-ead8-4a57-834d-28e417cfd635Post:39add0e0-cdab-4238-a9f6-5561405af4c6">Re: Ideas for good virgin drink options at a dry wedding reception...? I am not a drinker so idk</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the problem with your browser? Have you tried running CCleaner? Do you have a backup browser to search for help with? If you've run out of options, it might be best to save all your necessary files to a back-up hard drive and reload your Operating System. Best of luck to you, and here's hoping that you can successfully Google things in the future!
    Posted by DocileDoom[/QUOTE]

<div>dociledoom.. <em> </em>I tried ccleaner but it found nothing my anti virus found nothing and somehow google got taken out and ask is now my broswer, search engine and home page...</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards