September 2012 Weddings
Options

To have or not to have

Ok ladies,
    I have to figure out if my husband should have a vow renewal ceremony or not. We got married in september of 2010 but, we only had a civil ceremony with our two witness'. We are having a baby this august. We have been planning a big wedding for sep. 15th 2012. We have our reception site reserved already. So do we plan the ceremony? We plan on having the recpetion because we would lose our deposit otherwise. We already plan on having pictures and I will be wearing my dress. I know it wont be much more money, its just a hard chocie to make. Thanks in advanced.

Re: To have or not to have

• Options
    I think if it is  not that much more money and you and your husband want to, why not? Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Would you or your FI regret not having it? I think if you're already having the reception it wouldn't hurt to add that! Of course, that is a very personal decision so go with your gut. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the baby!
    Go for it! I see nothing wrong with having a ceremony for all of your friends and family to witness. It is, after all, a celebration of your love for each other and I know I would want to be surrounded by all that support.
  • Options

Definately a personal decision, but I think a vow renewal would be a great idea especially if you're having the reception on that day.  Witnessing you and your hubby renew your promises to each other will just set the mood for your reception guests and also for the two of you.  If you can set it all up to happen at the beginning of your reception that would be great!!!

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Options
    I would go for it if its not too much more expensive.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You will have to call it a vow renewal since you are already legally married.
    Other than the wording, minus any bouquet or garter toss and no gifts, go for it.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• Options
     minus any bouquet or garter toss

Just curious, why for a vow renewal would you not have a bouquet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards